Mirroring WITE and WITW game events, not historical events

Please posts your wishlists, new feature and interface tweak requests here for the developers to review.

Moderator: Joel Billings

rickwarintheeast

Mirroring WITE and WITW game events, not historical events

Post by rickwarintheeast »

I gather that standardizing game-systems for WITE and WITW is not realistic. Consequently, we won't see a true WAR IN EUROPE where the eastern and western fronts interact.

Recently, an AAR tried to cobble something together with two opponents simultaneously playing WITE and WITW to emulate both fronts.

Consequently, I was inspired to try the same, giving the Axis into the hands of the AI, while I took the Allies. As I have not yet purchased Operation Torch, I kicked off the Stalingrad to Berlin scenario...inflicted a massive defeat on AGA, and towns and cities are falling much earlier than historically, along with an Axis inability of the Axis to mount even a shadow of Operation Citadel. Happily, Husky kicked off in early July, so I didn't utterly break the timeline.

But...in Italy, the Axis will use the historical OOB to mount a resistance much more robust than my timeline would allow. As lopsided as the east has become, forget the Russians reaching Berlin first...Paris might be in the cards. :) I jest...a little.

So much for background. Now comes the wonderment.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could tweak the OOB for both the east and west to mirror events in the other theater?

For instance, I think Berlin will soon order a Panzer Army from the east to Italy. I'm not sure how the AI will accomplish that with the high likelihood that some of those formations no longer exist, or if they do, they are probably far below the historical TOE.

But it could completely the other way, with the Axis doing better than historical, maybe with Leningrad in their hands, and extricating the 6th Army from Stalingrad, leaving them with units to spare for use, either in the west, or holding them in the east.

And events could also roll out differently in the west, making troops available for the east, or requiring further reinforcements.

I can almost envision editing tables, and totally screwing everything up. :)

Thank you for your kind attention. :)

Return to “Feature Suggestions”