Mac/Parallels

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Lützow

Mac/Parallels

Post by Lützow »

Can somebody confirm that WITE 2 is running on Windows 11 with Parallels? Installed on a Macbook Pro with ARM CPU (M1 Pro).

I wouldn't like to purchase it just to figure out that WITE 2 is not working on my machine.
Lützow

Re: Mac/Parallels

Post by Lützow »

Since no dev here answered my question I had to purchase WITE 2 on Steam, as they reimburse a product if it's not working on customer's machine. So less money for Matrix.

That being said, if anybody might browse this thread in the future. WITE 2 runs on Parallels and new Macs. At least the Steam version.
Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler »

Glad you were able to get it running!
"The Führer believes that this campaign will be over by autumn...I hope the Führer is right." Field-Marshal Walther von Reichenau, 1941

My Featured Mods:
DK's Distressed UI
DK's Subtle Sounds
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

My host machine is an iMac, I installed VMWare on it and then created a VM, gave it 500 GB HDD, 24GB of RAM, 3 CPU's and installed Windows 10, about three years ago. I run all my Windows games on it and not really had to many issues. Mostly any graphically enhanced games like Order of Battle or BA2 will give me fits, but I run everything else just fine. Including WITP-AE, WITW, WITE2, TOAW IV, about 80 or so WDS games, etc.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

I played WITW when ist was released (2015?) on an older Macbook with Parallels, but since then some things changed. First Apple ditched 32-bit mode and later switched from Intel to ARM CPU's with a different architecture.

However, the information about a product is running in a certain environment ist something the dev's should provide for customer convenience. Even more as Matrix has not a refund policy (or at least had not in the past) which entitles a customer to get his money back. One does not need a physical machine for this but can rent a virtual one and install all the stuff there.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”