Game results - Tell us how your 2 player game ended

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

tyronec

RE: Game results - Tell us how your 2 player game ended

Post by tyronec »

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

No doubt, but some of that could be factored out by accounting for player experience and version number (low experience and early versions). Of course as the knowledge base grows and is shared among the community, player balance can change because of just that. I've always felt the German side has the harder time in 1941 for an inexperienced player, so I expect a different game between inexperienced players than between very experienced players. Of course the Soviet players can gain from the built up knowledge base, but I just think the German player has more to learn to be competitive. My 2 cents.

You do realize, Mr. Billings, that applying the principles of English and of Algebra, you've just admitted that the design has a pro-Soviet bias...
I was on the testing team for 3 years, during that time the game swung back and forth with advantage to one side and then the other.
To say it has bias is I think incorrect, to say it is unbalanced under a particular patch almost certainly is the case though that unbalance could be different for different scenarios.
I would agree with HLYA here, the Assault HQs and good use of GA probably gives an advantage to the Soviets at present.
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
jubjub

Post by jubjub »

Submitted reports via email for games vs:
Lisien
Clus_fr
stephen61 (two games)
gam3r

I didn't have any of the specific data, so if any of my opponents saved that, it may help Joel to submit it to him.
tyronec

Post by tyronec »

'41 Campaign. Started under .07, continued .09
tyronec (Axis), Gundam (Soviet)
Axis concede T13, 632 VPs.
Yogol

Post by Yogol »

you are one of the best players, so I always read your posts and try to learn from you.

In this game against Glorious Ruse, most numbers are comparable with my games. Except one: you only killed 3361 Russian airplanes in air combat. That is very, very low, no?

I only use my air force defensive (I never use the bombers, except in turn 1) and I somehow managed to kill 6.700 commies in air combat only losing 850 of my own.

FYI, if I look more in detail, the extra commie losses are across all types of airplanes: fighters, bombers, transport... all values are lower in your game.

Do you have any idea why that is? Do you put your airforce in reserve or rest already in September or so?

(And yes, I also gave up as Axis. The game is simply unwinnable as Axis in it's current state)
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Yogol

you are one of the best players, so I always read your posts and try to learn from you.

In this game against Glorious Ruse, most numbers are comparable with my games. Except one: you only killed 3361 Russian airplanes in air combat. That is very, very low, no?

I only use my air force defensive (I never use the bombers, except in turn 1) and I somehow managed to kill 6.700 commies in air combat only losing 850 of my own.

FYI, if I look more in detail, the extra commie losses are across all types of airplanes: fighters, bombers, transport... all values are lower in your game.

Do you have any idea why that is? Do you put your airforce in reserve or rest already in September or so?

(And yes, I also gave up as Axis. The game is simply unwinnable as Axis in it's current state)

probably better posted in the AAR thread - this really is for reporting completed games (or it ends up as yet another 'game broken' discussion)
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: Yogol

The air war results can vary wildly depending on how the player chooses to control the air forces, and how to use them. The air war also remains quite uncharted still, with various balance issues and features that some might call bugs ;)

I'm not sure which game you're referring to, but at some point it was considered a valid tactic to concentrate killing the pilots, which could leave T1 SU airframe losses really low.

I can imagine that balancing the air war is a gigantic task with all the knobs, cogs, bells and whistles included, and unfortunately I don't think that any amount of data infested with player preferences makes it any easier :(

But still, I think it's a good idea to gather game data (I love statistics!), I'm just sad that I haven't had the luxury to spend enough time with the game to share anything valuable :(
gundam1985

Post by gundam1985 »

1941 Campaign
Axis tyronec/Very Experienced
Soviet gundam1985/Very Experienced
1.01.07/1.01.09
HWM 632
German player resigned after T12, different from historical front line in 41, Axis take Crimea instead of Leningrad, GA mission took heavy damage to the front line's units.
Losses Axis/Soviet
Men 244k/2036k
AFV 1136/10443
Aircraft 933/8140
gundam1985

Post by gundam1985 »

1941 Campaign
Axis AlbertN
HWM No record
German player resigned after T10, he have no confident to break though the strong defence.
Losses Axis/Soviet
Men 166k/1613k
AFV 416/7152
Aircraft No record
gundam1985

Post by gundam1985 »

1941 Campaign
Axis RoadWarrior/Very Experienced
HWM 612
German player didn't update the file since Sep/2021, it's T33 now but it seems the end of the game. The Axis short of historical front line in 41 and suffered heavy losses in winter. At least 4 german infantry divsions were surrendered, many panzers and other heavy weapons were loss. The romanian had loss over 300k man in winter. The Soviet had break though the front line and block some troops from retreat(including 7 german divisions). I think there are no hope for Axis to hold the line in 1942. The rear area were open, it's an easy cake for Soviet to destroy the entire southern line of defense.

Losses Axis/Soviet
Men 991k/3475k
AFV 3653/15722
Aircraft No record
gundam1985

Post by gundam1985 »

1941 Campaign
Axis guctony/Experienced
HWM 517
German player give up the game. It's T13 that Axis lossed 359k and Soviet lossed 1765k.
Gunnulf

Post by Gunnulf »

1941 no early
Axis Gunnulf Experienced
Soviet GMTello probably SemiExp WITE2, Exp WITE1
HWM 505 End 445
Axis had plenty of summer pockets, lots of Soviets surrendered but fell just short of Stalino/Kursk/Orel/Rzhev and logistics seemed to fall apart in blizzard counterattack, game wrapped up before end Jan42 with 50+ axis divisions surrendered and Smolensk/Pskov about to fall.

Losses axis/Soviet
men 1.5m/3.2m
AFV 4.2k/16.7k

Attachments
Gmtello.jpg
Gmtello.jpg (1013.79 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
"Stay low, move fast"
tyronec

Post by tyronec »

'41 Campaign.
1.02.08-14.
HvH, tyronec (Axis), K62 (Soviet).
Axis surrender on T8 being unable to isolate Odessa with NP.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

'41 Campaign (1.09)
Baloo (Axis) vs Berki (Sov)
Axis (me) 1st PBEM in WiTE2/ Sov player played WiTE but first time with WiTE2
Axis lost in 1942 - HWM 537
JRR
RedJohn

Post by RedJohn »

8-10 or so '41 Campaigns
Various patches from 1.0 onwards
HvH, Nekronion, Goodbyebluesky (Axis), Bread (Soviet)
Axis surrender/lose at various stages, all before campaign season of 42 as a result of Soviet army reaching 6.5m++

100% winrate as Soviets.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

1941 Campaign, no Early End (AAR covered)

Axis: Albert N
Soviet: MSAG

'Arty Patch' --June'41~May'42
'Defender Patch' -- May'42~Early'43
1.02.19 -- Early'43~EndJune'43

HWM 753

Game wrapped up at end of June '43; Soviet steam running out. It was agreed by both ends to close it in as the Soviets would not have reached the HWM by end of '44.

Losses Axis / Soviet
Men 1.825 k / 10.463 k
Guns 31 k / 165 k
AFV 10 k /48 k
Aircraft 5600 / 36800
ToxicThug11

Post by ToxicThug11 »

1941 No Early End
Axis Sugardaddy Experienced
Soviet ToxicThug11 Unskilled
Artillery patch
Axis ended up outside of Tula, Kaluga and Kalinin. Leningrad falls. German PZG2 encircled on Turn 20
Losses axis/soviet
4 million Soviets
500k Germans
Axis conceded

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

'41 Campaign (1.13) PBEM
Baloo (Sov) vs Berki (Axis)
Soviet (me) 1st-time playing as Soviet in WiTE2/ Axis player experienced with WiTE
Axis won Decisive in 1942 - HWM 750
JRR
ToxicThug11

Post by ToxicThug11 »

Tutorial Scenario (Velikiy Luki)
Soviet Major Victory
Zebtucker (Axis) vs ToxicThug11 (Soviets)
I learned alot from this tutorial

tyronec

Post by tyronec »

'41 Campaign
tyronec (Axis)
MSAG (Soviet)
Sovets conceded T9, Axis likely to get a sudden death win in '41 or early '42
Stamb

Re: Game results - Tell us how your 2 player game ended

Post by Stamb »

1941 Campaign No Early End
Axis Player Stamb/Experienced
Soviet Player Lovenought/I guess Experienced
1.02.11/1.02.21
Axis HWM 612
March 1942/Axis player gives up after facing too many balance problems, which leads to a no enjoyment from a game.
More details in AAR:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 3#p4969043

Losses Axis/Soviet
Men 648k/3.5 mil
AFV 1876/19505
Aircraft 3462/18648
Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”