Can I set all depots to the same priority?

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Hoggorm

Can I set all depots to the same priority?

Post by Hoggorm »

Hello,

I`m on my first run and I was wondering if I can set all depots to the same priority, for example 1, and then adjust relevant depots up and down from there?

Thank you.
tm1

Re: Can I set all depots to the same priority?

Post by tm1 »

Hoggorm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:30 am Hello,

I`m on my first run and I was wondering if I can set all depots to the same priority, for example 1, and then adjust relevant depots up and down from there?

Thank you.
You can, I am not 100 % you can do them all by just hitting one button, I am pretty certain you will have to do them all singly which will take some time.
I usually do it that way

regards
Hoggorm

Post by Hoggorm »

Thank you tm1,

I was mostly interested in doing them all in one go (I`m sure I`ve seen the possibility somewhere, but can`t find it again. Maybe I was just dreaming? :) )
jasonbroomer

Post by jasonbroomer »

You can change the supply priority of a unit by changing the priority of a higher HQ in its chain of command.

Thus changing OKHs priory will change all units
Hoggorm

Post by Hoggorm »

Yes, I got you. Still that will not change the depots priorities I assume
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Maybe via Commanders Report?
Hoggorm

Post by Hoggorm »

Denniss wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:25 pm Maybe via Commanders Report?
I`ve looked high and low in the commanders report, but have not found a place were all depots can be changed at the same time.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

There is a locations tab which I think will show depots, but I don't think there is a function to set priority. In any case, at scenario start, the existing ones at that point are optimal as done by the designers; unlike other games these scenarios are not designed to f**k you or trick you at the start; the AI is decent. Also, over time, the ones you create are 4 by default anyway.

You can set all to the same priority. NOTE: be careful of ports. If you fail to set them correctly, shipping will not flow or not flow in the direction you want.

When you only have a line of depots, you more or less get what you need by the AI figuring out what's the best depots for units to pull from.

But when you have a complete network of repaired rail and a broad front, it really behooves you do it manual, and make sure your terminal depots pull supply for the line.

Also, there is an auto-depot function, but it wants to spend AP; often unnecessary. AP is too valuable to waste on AI assist in my opinion. If you want to automate then: TB, SU, and AD. None of these cost you anything. I hope that helps. Good hunting!
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”