A

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Kel

A

Post by Kel »

Curious issue. Its february 1943, Soviet Air Planning Phase. Playing the GC multiplayer on Soviet Side and can't access airbases around Moscow. When I check the city (here North Moscow), I discover that the Airbase is German Controlled. I can baseAOGs and airgroups in the AFB, but they are completely OOS and the AFB is defended by german flaK. Otherwise (hex control), the hex is Soviet.
This AirBase nationality switch have been going on for a few turns now and is limited to a dozen AFB around Moscow.
Am I missing something?
Playing 1.02.52.
Thank you
German North Moscow Airbase.jpg
German North Moscow Airbase.jpg (486.65 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit
über das erste Zusammentreffen
mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.
Joel Billings

Re: A

Post by Joel Billings »

That was something that had come up twice in the past, and Pavel found how it could happen and fixed it in 1.02.52. It doesn't fix it after it has happened, just should keep it from happening. Now the question is did it happen in your game before 1.02.52. How recently did you start using 1.02.52? If this is on the server, if you tell me the players in the game I will download the most recent saves and look back to see if this just happened or if it happened before. Are you sure that your opponent has upgraded to 1.02.52? Were you playing the 1.02.52 beta version for a while now, or did you just shift to the official version?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Kel

Post by Kel »

I send you a PM with the infos
Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit
über das erste Zusammentreffen
mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping that this is just a case of the airbases changing without your noticing it before 1.02.52. From what you explained it sounds like that's quite likely. Your workaround of using the city detail window to get access to the airbase unit, and then bringing in an air unit to the airbase is a great find. By having the unit there, the airbase switches to the correct nationality in the next logistics phase. So if anyone ever finds an airbase with the wrong nationality, they can try that trick to get it corrected.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”