Manual section on theater box garrisons

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

thedoctorking

Manual section on theater box garrisons

Post by thedoctorking »

Is there anywhere in the manual where I could find the garrison values of units in the Soviet garrison boxes? I'm trying to manage the theater boxes in my current game, and I can't seem to figure out which units give how many air and ground points.
Stamb

Re: Manual section on theater box garrisons

Post by Stamb »

click on a ground unit in TBs and you will see CV
as for the air units - there are no display CV
Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!
Stamb

Post by Stamb »

1.png
1.png (54.36 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

Thanks! It would be really handy to have a chart showing what the garrison value of different units is. I figured out that those millions of AA battalions I had lying around gave Air Defense (Day) garrison values, allowing me to liberate fighters from the inactive theaters. Who knew?
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

thedoctorking wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:42 pm Thanks! It would be really handy to have a chart showing what the garrison value of different units is. I figured out that those millions of AA battalions I had lying around gave Air Defense (Day) garrison values, allowing me to liberate fighters from the inactive theaters. Who knew?
You can view the value of the air defense defense on each theater and on each air defense unit. The same goes for ground units. Only aviation does not show its combat value.
Sorry, i use an online translator :(
DarkHorse2

Post by DarkHorse2 »

This is what I learned from experience that may help....

1. Regarding your Flak(low) line where it has:

14.91 (14.91)

You can move more Flak(low) to the TB if you want, you have more room for Flak(low) (and will be given TB credit)

2. Regarding your Flak(high) line where it has:

5.82 (18.35)

This means you have too much Flak(high) and can move some out, without it hurting your "GROUND" ratings. (but if you check your "AIR DAY" section, the Flak(high) is still needed there. (so, you would not want to move any out afterall...)

3. You can move some "construction" out if you want, and maybe a bomber unit.

4. I would add any spare "engineers" you may have, if not needed. (but it takes a bunch... so only add if you don't need them for anything else...)

5. Same for "Artillery". But you are mother Russia and I am sure you have TONs of Artillery to spare....

EDIT.... my bad... you are not playing Soviet Union in this one.

In that case, I would look for some crappy static infantry from Soviet Garrison or the Balkans to send to Western TB.

;)
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

Thanks, this is the information I was looking for. Too bad it doesn't tell you how much each air unit is worth - I'm guessing about 0.5 for each 20-aircraft USSR fighter regiment equipped with I-series planes.
Stamb

Post by Stamb »

yeah, about 0.5 CV

this is what i also calculated some time ago https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 8#p4993238
Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”