Viewing forces

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderator: Campaign Series Matrix Edition Development Group

Twotribes

Viewing forces

Post by Twotribes »

Any quick way to view all your own forces? I find it hard to find my troops in most scenarios that have any size to them.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Crossroads

RE: Viewing forces

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Any quick way to view all your own forces? I find it hard to find my troops in most scenarios that have any size to them.

Yes, the Status > Find Org menu option opens the dialog where you can select a unit, or formation, and those units are then highlighted as deployed in the map.

From Bootcamp 1, which is a simple example. Some of these scenarios are quite large, making it a bit more difficult. In large scenarios, zoom out first so you see most of the map, before doing this.

Attachments
findorg.jpg
findorg.jpg (180.86 KiB) Viewed 633 times
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Sorry, had to reduce the file size in order to be able to upload it here. Hope this helps!
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
AbeMuc

Post by AbeMuc »

Have you considered jumping the map to the position of the clicked Unit in FindOrg?

Sorry to say, but a bit more difficult is quite some understatement. Trying to play the "Week longs" is more about finding the location of units the actually playing the game. Especially true as the map is locked as long the FindOrg window is open. So you have to close it again. Get to another location on the map. Hitting FindOrg again, and the you first have to search again trough the list to find the unit. Very cumbersome.
I am playing wargames now for more than 30 years, but I am slowly getting frustrated that many game series in many fields haven't made any progress in user guidance or beeing at least a bit player friendly. My main concern: It is getting more and more difficult to get new and furthermore young players to playing wargames...
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

ORIGINAL: AbeMuc

Have you considered jumping the map to the position of the clicked Unit in FindOrg?

Sorry to say, but a bit more difficult is quite some understatement. Trying to play the "Week longs" is more about finding the location of units the actually playing the game. Especially true as the map is locked as long the FindOrg window is open. So you have to close it again. Get to another location on the map. Hitting FindOrg again, and the you first have to search again trough the list to find the unit. Very cumbersome.
I am playing wargames now for more than 30 years, but I am slowly getting frustrated that many game series in many fields haven't made any progress in user guidance or beeing at least a bit player friendly. My main concern: It is getting more and more difficult to get new and furthermore young players to playing wargames...

Although a huge fan of the game I do agree with this 100%.

I now resort to paper and pen to note where different formations are operating on a larger map. Shouldnt really be necessary nowadays and I do hope this can somehow be addressed.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

Return to “The War Room”