Elevation delta increase

Please posts your wishlists, new feature and interface tweak requests here for the developers to review.

Moderator: Campaign Series Matrix Edition Development Group

Hub6Actual

Elevation delta increase

Post by Hub6Actual »

Would it be possible to either add a couple more elevation delta options, say, from 1-3 to 1-5, or increase the variation between the current three levels? I understand that this may tend to obstruct viewing whatever is behind the higher elevation, but you can still flip the map and reference 2D when necessary to obviate this. When I play CSME I tend to use 3D view about 20% of the time. I’m finding that with CSVN, it’s ~80%.
Crossroads

RE: Elevation delta increase

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Hub6Actual

Would it be possible to either add a couple more elevation delta options, say, from 1-3 to 1-5, or increase the variation between the current three levels? I understand that this may tend to obstruct viewing whatever is behind the higher elevation, but you can still flip the map and reference 2D when necessary to obviate this. When I play CSME I tend to use 3D view about 20% of the time. I’m finding that with CSVN, it’s ~80%.
I hear you. This is partially the price we are paying for having a whopping 50 elevations level in a game, where most have just a few. We implemented a "Saab speedometer" method for this, so at lowest elevations, the difference is greated to see, but higher one goes less difference there is.

50 elevations, great; but this is the price for it.

We are brainstorming solutions to this, thank you for your feedback.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
berto

Post by berto »

TBH, except for glitch fixes, we are pretty much done with graphics tinkering and extensions. New graphics zoom levels are unlikely, as they require lots of file overhead and extra data management, already quite burdensome.

We do hope to transition to PNG graphics in the not too distant future, though.

There are always tradeoffs, where do you want to spend your precious development time? Except for the PNG transition, we have other areas of the Campaign Series we want to focus on, news about that to be revealed in due time.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Hub6Actual

Post by Hub6Actual »

Crossroads - had to look up the SAAB reference. I live in the land of pick-me-ups and panel vans, lol.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Hub6Actual

Crossroads - had to look up the SAAB reference. I live in the land of pick-me-ups and panel vans, lol.
Ha. My favorite "Saabism" was their Night Panel button for dashboard. It toggled off everything but speed and tachometers, unless something needed to be shown. Then that particular instrument, or part of instrument panel, woke up, and lit up. Still in grief for their departure.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works

Return to “Features Suggestions”