Zoom levels

Campaign Series: Vietnam is a new turn-based, tactical/operational war game that focuses on the Indochina War, Vietnam Civil War and the first years of US involvement in Vietnam with over 100 historical scenarios.

Moderator: Jason Petho

bruce205

Zoom levels

Post by bruce205 »

I am having issues when scrolling the mouse wheel backwards and forwards with the map quickly scrolling past the appropriate zoom level I am looking for. Seems the sensitivity is too high?! Also when resolving turns the action taking place scrolls past where the battle is taking place.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Bruce
Fair Winds and Following Seas
Sunbather

Re: Zoom levels

Post by Sunbather »

Please have a look at a neat little program called "SmoothScroll". If you google it, the first result will show you something about the app only being for Mac systems. This is wrong! Download it and toy around with it, it is very easy to understand. Either you use it to adjust your global settings, or you can use it for specific .exe files only, e.g. CS Vietnam.

I used it for Order of Battle a couple of months ago to actually be able to zoom in faster (i.e. increase the sensitivity of the mouse wheel). So you should have no problem in achieving the opposite effect.
bruce205

Post by bruce205 »

Thanks JEBX ! Have you used it for this game ?
Fair Winds and Following Seas
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

When I scroll back and forth, I usually do it one click at a time (My mouse has teeth, so it isn't one continuous roll forward or back). That helps me pretty well for the scrolling.

Alternatively, the tool that JebX described sounds interesting!
Sunbather

Post by Sunbather »

bruce205 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:28 am Thanks JEBX ! Have you used it for this game ?
Not yet since I have solved the problem of the sensitive zoom levels by strict finger discipline and the occasional use of the hotkeys "1" to "6". Like Jason said, it works wonders if you have a mouse wheel with teeth.

Jason Petho wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:36 am
Alternatively, the tool that JebX described sounds interesting!
It certainly is! And rarely have I seen a more lightweight program that can do such magic. Scrolling through the internet can become way more comfortable. I think the developer of the program had some serious hand injury by using the mouse too much, and then - in an angry bout of creativity - coded the program.

Return to “Campaign Series: Vietnam”