Major Lewis Push for the Road Bridge

Please post your after action reports on your battles here.

Moderators: MOD_Valor & Victory, Matrix Games Staff

lollipops

Major Lewis Push for the Road Bridge

Post by lollipops »

I've only recently started playing this after having bought the game and DLC some time ago. Now, I'm either a Tactical genius or I simply found a blind spot in the AI's plans. What made it all even funnier was this only the second time I've played this scenario, and the same thing happened the first time I played. I only played the same way this second time to see if I could mimic the outcome and get some screenshots this time.

So, to cut a long story short I looked at the map and wondered if the AI would think of keeping an eye on the very outside edge of the map, or if it would simply miss the opportunity it presented my troops with to simply walk leisurely around the edge of the map and saunter into the VP hexes. And guess what...

That's exactly what happened. Here's some screenshots for your pleasure and amusement.

My troops start to move.
My troops start to move.
Screenshot (46).png (4 MiB) Viewed 362 times
One stack keeps the enemy busy.
One stack keeps the enemy busy.
Screenshot (47).png (3.62 MiB) Viewed 362 times
Two stacks near their VP hexes.
Two stacks near their VP hexes.
Screenshot (48).png (3.97 MiB) Viewed 362 times
They saunter into the VP hexes.
They saunter into the VP hexes.
Screenshot (49).png (4.05 MiB) Viewed 362 times

I'd show you the Decisive Victory screen but I can't seem to post more than 4 screenshots at a time. Anyway, I had hoped the AI would try something different when I tried the exact same thing the second go round but alas, no. It simply did the very same thing again and completely missed my troops sneaking around the edge of the map to take the VPs.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny that my troops could simply waltz leisurely around the map edge completely unmolested.

I'm enjoying playing so far but like I said above, I'm a little disappointed that it didn't try something different the second time. Does make me wonder about the replay value a little. Good game though. I did enjoy that little scenario.
yobowargames

Re: Major Lewis Push for the Road Bridge

Post by yobowargames »

Hi lollipops

Thank you for your feedback. Funnily enough, I was playing this exact same scenario a couple of days ago while testing out some new stuff and thought this is much too easy.

I will look at this one and make some edits in the next release.

Lance
YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”
lollipops

Re: Major Lewis Push for the Road Bridge

Post by lollipops »

Thanks Lance.

I'm sure it would give me a relatively good game anyway if I played normally. I think it was just pure chance that I happened to notice the opportunity to sneak around the edge like that. Was fun to see it work that first time, but I'd obviously play more normally in future of course. It did make me smile though.

Thanks again Lance. Really nice game.

Return to “After Action Reports”