Has the AI improved with updates?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: MOD_Valor & Victory, Matrix Forum User

jeffnward

Has the AI improved with updates?

Post by jeffnward »

The big knock against Valor and Victory when it first came out was the AI presented absolutely no challenge. So, before I spend more money on another DLC would some of you veterans kindly weigh in on whether the AI has gotten better with the updates. Thank you!
yobowargames

Re: Has the AI improved with updates?

Post by yobowargames »

Hi jeffnware

Actually, the biggest complaint we get is that the AI cheats with biased dice rolls and that makes it unbeatable. We have never had biased dice but folks don't believe us.

In answer to your question:

We have added an option to bias the dice in favor of or against the AI - certainly makes it a lot harder to beat when it has favorable dice. In addition, we have added Fog of War which makes it harder still. Finally, I am making constant updates to the AI to improve it. These updates have to be incremental as it takes a tremendous amount of testing of AI changes to make sure it is actually an improvement.

As it seems you have the base game at least why don't you try out these options and then you can decide if the Cholm update is for you.

Lance
YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”
jeffnward

Post by jeffnward »

Dear Yobo,

I appreciate the head's up and I'll give the new DLC a shot!

Jeff
governato

Post by governato »

Is there a way to 'script' the AI movements? I think one can use Victory hexes and exit points that way but adding waypoints 'd be great to create flanking moves, exploit success etc etc.

Just a suggestion!

P.S in general some hints on how the AI thinks 'd help creating scenarios :)
yobowargames

Post by yobowargames »

Hi governato

Some good ideas. I kept away from scripting the AI as I was worried games would always play the same. So the AI knows it is on the offensive or defense and will act accordingly. But what actions it takes per turn are very much influenced by the game as it plays out.
YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

Return to “The War Room”