Squad Leader Mod

Valor & Victory is a fast-playing, easy to learn World War II squad-level game system. Based on the original Valor & Victory board game, the digital edition provides you with an accessible and deep challenge, developed for classic tabletop game lovers.
seanny

Re: Squad Leader Mod

Post by seanny »

Thanks for permission to do a Derivative of your mod.

I did a quick job a few months ago and found it is no longer current with the game.

I will have another go at this SOON and post here.

Thanks again.

I have made a new version of my edit.
It look all OK ,just tested in game.

https://imgur.com/zlPgX8o

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pjkfhk

It is not as crisp as my first version ,but is OK ,I may revisit this.
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

I made a big mistake and didn't include the proper alpha channel in the Units.png file. I have corrected this in both the grey and Blue versions and the links have been updated on the first page of the thread. Sorry for the hassle.
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

seanny wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:24 am Thanks for permission to do a Derivative of your mod.

I did a quick job a few months ago and found it is no longer current with the game.

I will have another go at this SOON and post here.

Thanks again.
I'm glad you were able to modify and expand upon some of the work I did. The more choices the better, nice to mix things up and let people decide what they like the best and play with.
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

Monkie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:40 pm I made a big mistake and didn't include the proper alpha channel in the Units.png file. I have corrected this in both the grey and Blue versions and the links have been updated on the first page of the thread. Sorry for the hassle.
Hi!
I appreciate your little mod, thank you. However, when I download the German PNGs I still don't have an Alpha Channel--not an invisible layer, and shows as a white background.
units(1).png
units(1).png (283.91 KiB) Viewed 921 times
.Image
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

File not available to download.

?
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

It's available to download, yes. I posted an image of what it looks like after download--it shows the white behind the unit counters, which in turn, shows up in-game. :)
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

Yeah there must be some issue with the file I posted, sorry let me attempt to re-upload something that might work better.
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

OK I fully reconstructed a new Alpha layer file and so it seems to have corrected the counters ghosting on the sides and also I've re-uploaded the blue version for the geman units and also german weapons.

I am updating the links to the files now.

Please let me know if there are any issues but I think this should fix things once and for all.

thank you for bringing it to my attention.
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

Monkie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:05 pm OK I fully reconstructed a new Alpha layer file and so it seems to have corrected the counters ghosting on the sides and also I've re-uploaded the blue version for the geman units and also german weapons.

I am updating the links to the files now.

Please let me know if there are any issues but I think this should fix things once and for all.

thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Thank you kindly and you're welcome, Monkie! They all have the Alpha Channel, awesome! However, I generate a game as Axis and find I have Americans working on my side. I thought, perhaps, I should check if I properly did the scenario set-up, I did (I generated several scenarios and still the same outcome). I then exited, verified the integrity of my game on Steam back to Vanilla. I played again, and the counters were corrected--no Americans working with the Axis. It's looking like the American counters, Smith and Johnson, replace German counters in generated scenarios when I use your modded counters.
Last edited by ColoredPencil on Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

Colored Pencil can you tell me which if any of the DLC's you have installed? During one of the DLC's (I"m not sure which one) the dev's changed the layout of the main unit artwork and there are now two differen't "units.png" to choose from, please let me know what you have and I think we can fix this up then.
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

I have all the DLC: Arnhem, Cholm, and Stalingrad. Sorry, for the problems. I really do prefer your counters.
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

can you please post a pic of the units.png you are trying to use?
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

The Blue German:
units.png
units.png (299.07 KiB) Viewed 828 times
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

Ok I see the problem I uploaded the wrong .png. I'll remove the link for now and reupload later today after I've finished it. Sorry for the confusion. I should have the corrected one done by this afternoon.

Thanks again for brining this to my attention.
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

No worries, Monkie! Thank you and you're welcome. Enjoy your day! :)
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

Ok it's fixed, I have uploaded the correct units.png file for the blue german option.

Please let me know if it works ok for you now.
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

It works! Thank you again, Monkie. Sweet! :D
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

You are very welcome, glad you are enjoying the mod.

I think I will create a grey/blue version for people who might not like the black background SS units if there is interest in that.
ColoredPencil

Post by ColoredPencil »

Monkie wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:10 pm You are very welcome, glad you are enjoying the mod.

I think I will create a grey/blue version for people who might not like the black background SS units if there is interest in that.
As much as I prefer the black SS counters, blue and grey counter versions would be interesting to see.

Return to “Valor & Victory”