WEGOWW2: Desert War 1940-42 Forum

The new game by Brian Kelly, sequel to Desert War: 1941-1942

Moderator: Saint Ruth

bcgames

WEGOWW2: Desert War 1940-42 Forum

Post by bcgames »

The forum for WEGOWW2: Desert War 1940-42 can now be found here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10482

Sales of our original Desert War WEGO exploration are still very competitive with Stalingrad. Thank-you to berto for pointing out the temporary disappearance of our favorite game from the forums. Restored.
ham17

Re: WEGOWW2: Desert War 1940-42 Forum

Post by ham17 »

This may be a hard question to answer, but should I buy Desert War for my interest in the North African front or should I be patient and wait for Desert War2?
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

ham17 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:09 pm This may be a hard question to answer, but should I buy Desert War for my interest in the North African front or should I be patient and wait for Desert War2?
If I am not mistaken, there is a sale going on right now and you can pick up DW at a good price. Based on that concept, if your really interested in NA then I'd say pick it up, I think it may be a (long) while be for we see DW2 (one to two years perhaps, maybe even three, since they have the Normandy and 1914 games in front of this, as far as I know).
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

We’re a long way from Desert WarII. We have Monty’s Front Trilogy followed by 1813. After that, might be Cobra or Bulge or Smolensk or Gettysburg or Korea 1950 or Desert War 2…or something Modern.
wjwilson84@gmail.com

Post by wjwilson84@gmail.com »

Zovs wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:19 pm
ham17 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:09 pm This may be a hard question to answer, but should I buy Desert War for my interest in the North African front or should I be patient and wait for Desert War2?
If I am not mistaken, there is a sale going on right now and you can pick up DW at a good price. Based on that concept, if your really interested in NA then I'd say pick it up, I think it may be a (long) while be for we see DW2 (one to two years perhaps, maybe even three, since they have the Normandy and 1914 games in front of this, as far as I know).
The discount for DW is minimal at the moment, I had been watching out for it but I'm a little bit stretched financially just now so going to wait for the Monty's Front trilogy. I've been watching some of the stuff on Youtube and really like the look of how the engine works.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Desert War is a design I am very proud of. As such, it is the last on my totem pole of games to revisit. Pursue the games you can afford to enjoy.

Return to “WEGO World War II: Stalingrad”