WEGO World War II: Stalingrad - v1.0.2 Update

The new game by Brian Kelly, sequel to Desert War: 1941-1942

Moderator: Saint Ruth

SamSlitherine

WEGO World War II: Stalingrad - v1.0.2 Update

Post by SamSlitherine »

We're releasing the second official update to Stalingrad!

It is available to download via the check for update button on the game launcher.

The Product Page Download area: HERE

As well as the following Download Link: HERE

This update brings in lots of changes, fixes and QoL improvements. It's main highlight however, is the addition of a brand new bonus scenario called 'Where The Queen Wants Them'.

This fictional 14 turn scenario, spanning from the 1st September 1942 - 3rd September 1942 - puts emphasis on the use of of Artillery.

With final preparations complete, the Soviet 57.Army is now ready to take the offensive against the defending German IV.Armeekorps. The purpose of this offensive is to cut the rail line in the vicinity of Zelenovskiy-Shuripovka to prevent reinforcements to the German 6.Armee from the Northwest.

Can you cut off supplies and become victorious?

The full changelog can be viewed by clicking the version number of the launcher (top right) or below for your convenience! :)

Bugs:
• Campaign - unused supply was not being saved from one scenario to the next.
• AI - Ground support not always working
• Terrain Pop up (Hotkey-K) not showing correct hex details
• ZOCs values did not include units in their own hex, giving incorrect ZOC values (this should have had no effect on game-play,
• but was misleading)
• Battle report incorrect. E.g. It stated "Defender retreated 3 hexes" instead of "3 defenders retreated".
• Replacements being added to dead units
• Units should be destroyed if strength < value which depends on unit quality (i.e. conscript units should be destroyed
• if strength is < 25% and Elite if strength < 5%). These values were incorrect.
• Campaign hanging at end of scenario
• Campaign units sometimes returning after being killed
• When Edges on (hotkey-E), enemy pontoons locations can be inferred (river hexsides are shown as accessible when pontoon is present, when
• it should be shown as impassible). Should only be shown if in intel range.

Updates:
• Can now "lock" the map during film so that it does not jump around to center on battles.
• Updated logistics slogan for adding supply to unit org.
• LightWoods added to in-game TEC (Terrain Effects Chart)
• Added Army0, nato, and picsArmy0 images for German assault guns as "mech" units.
• Added picsGrdAssets images for "King of Battle".
• FOW level of target (i.e. intel one has on target units) affects bombardments.

INTEL MODIFIER

AverageFOW Level in hex - Die Roll Modifier
0 = NA
1 = -6
1.5 = -5
2 = -4
2.5 = -3
3 = -2
3.5 = -1
4 = 0
4.5 = +1
5 = +2

Editor:
• Removed duplicate "set unit colors" from right hand panel (they are also in the center panel).

Scenarios:
• All German assault gun units have been changed from type:antitank to type:mechanized. This gives these units half shock in the attack.

Fatal Bridgehead:
• Fixed icon color for 6.GCD HQ and artillery battalion.

New Bonus Scenario: Where The Queen Wants Them
MobPsyduck

Re: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad - v1.0.2 Update

Post by MobPsyduck »

The launcher still claimed 1.0.1 was the latest version but downloading and installing the patch myself worked without problems. Just letting you know.
gagnradr

Post by gagnradr »

Ever since update some ground assets that are unit-bound (like combat+ for HArko310 and XIVth PzK in "guards will attack") are not usable anymore. Others are working as intended.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.
Jeff_Ahl

Post by Jeff_Ahl »

Good updates!
governato

Post by governato »

timeline for v1.0.3 ?

My top wish for the new patch 'd be to make the JOIN command for the AI more effective so that units can be set up to JOIN HQs for additional protection.
JOIN does not work well atm as HQs 'scoot' randomly and that is not communicated to the JOINed unit.

tx!
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

Hi, how exactly would you like JOIN to work?
Cheers ;)
governato

Post by governato »

I would like units JOINed with an HQ to be able to stay with the HQs ON THE SAME TURN, exactly as they 'd stay with normal units, NOT with a ONE+ turn delay, as it is now (as per shown visual examples).

The units highlighted in RED are JOIN(ed) and follow each other movements, ending in the same hex every turn. Great that is how it should be!

The unit JOINed to a Corps HQ (highlighted in GREEN) follows the HQ... but with a one turn delay. This is not how JOIN should work.

Without having access to the code I'd guess that the random movement given to the HQ does not get communicated to the JOINed unit, that remains behind and tries to JOIN the HQ the following turn, wherever it went. This is inconsistent and undesirable as it leaves the HQ unprotected. I'd like this difference in JOINing HQs vs JOINing normal units to be removed
T0.png
T0.png (214.52 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
T1.png
T1.png (206.06 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
T2end.png
T2end.png (204.05 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Fixing this issue with JOIN 'd keep things consistent and help designers program the AI. FOLLOWing an HQ may suffer from the same issue, but I have not checked.

Hope this helps!
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

Ah, very good. I see what you mean now. JOIN currently tried to JOIN units at it's current location, NOT at it's planned destination.
Will have a look, cheers,
Brian
governato

Post by governato »

Saint Ruth wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:34 pm Ah, very good. I see what you mean now. JOIN currently tried to JOIN units at it's current location, NOT at it's planned destination.
Will have a look, cheers,
Brian
From playing the game the issue appears when a unit tries to JOIN an HQ, it is always behind.

When a unit is ordered to JOIN a *non* HQ unit, then it JOINs it at the planned destination, as it is expected.

Again, compare the behavior of the tank bde JOINed with the mech unit (in red) vs the tank bde trying to JOIN the HQ (in green)

Return to “WEGO World War II: Stalingrad”