Explorer ships and refueling

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

RhinoDad

Explorer ships and refueling

Post by RhinoDad »

Sometimes, nowhere near as often as previous to 1.1.4.4, explorer ships go beyond their fuel limits and are out of fuel, often out of a system and not moving further away buy more parallel to fuel supplies. When you pull them up the refuel button at lower left is greyed out. Says something like, “No fuel available”. So I have to manually get a fuel base and target it in order to return for fuel.

In previous versions they ran wild and would often just keep heading out and exploring 4 to 6 times fuel range away when I finally found them busy heading to the next place they wanted to explore. But when selected the refuel button was always available. You had to watch where it chose to refuel as sometimes they would head to where you could not fuel and then they would stick there until you manually chose a fuel spot. Now the ones that do not come back for refueling are well within 1/2 to 2/3 range. They just do not head back staying roughly the same distance or rarely just sit there.

This endless driving outwards of explorer ship does not seem to exist anymore but when they run out of fuel for failure to return for refuel often enough the refuel option is greyed out.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this something others are experiencing?
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Success is how you bounce on the bottom

Experience is a comb life gives us after we have lost our hair

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”