How to set fleet home base

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

bbb1515

How to set fleet home base

Post by bbb1515 »

I looked in help; and tried to highlight the fleet then right mouse on a fuel station but NO set fleet home base as a choice.

What am I doing wrong?

On Hyperspeed version.

What are EXACT setting I need on the fleet and what are exact keys to set new home base for a fleet?
Does a youtube video have this as an example and where in that video?
fruitgnome

Re: How to set fleet home base

Post by fruitgnome »

That should work.
What you mean by highlight? (Select multiple ships per click and hold?
It has to be a right fleet (create new fleet or join to fleet) then select the fleet all ships get marked by this and then right click on any base or colony of you and select home base. Hint: Policy setting auto fleet postures override your manual selected home base.
bbb1515

Post by bbb1515 »

>>What you mean by highlight? (Select multiple ships per click and hold?
Zoomed to the fleet and double click to select all ships.
But when click on mining station not allow select as home base when right mouse click.

>>It has to be a right fleet (create new fleet or join to fleet) then select the fleet all ships get marked by this and then right click on any base or colony of you and select home base. Hint: Policy setting auto fleet postures override your manual selected home base.

Still not work.

I have set fleet postures to manual.
RhinoDad

Post by RhinoDad »

Not sure what setting allows or would disallow this but perhaps in policy settings:

This is referring to ships formed into a fleet which will be listed under fleet tab and that fleet selected from tab. Not ships or groups of ships that you have control clicked on to manually select them.

o Policy Settings, or press “P” – Select “Advisors and Automation”, first drop down box – Scroll down 2nd from last “Fleet Postures” set to manual.

 If you hold the curser over the “Fleet Postures” it will tell you that this automatically or manually set bases etc.
Not sure if this prevents you or not but on auto will surely change it to what it pleases despite what you have manually chosen. I pretty much set these types of things to manual. Only use automation, at times, like retrofitting ships or refueling. However, only for a short time if I want a large amount of work done and also do not want it all done at once. This lets me turn on automation then after the game running a bit I turn it back to manual. I find things such as auto refueling to often happen to manual fleets at very inopportune times.

Not sure, but perhaps this will make a difference.

Sometimes it is a bit quirky in what drops down with a fleet/ship selected and a right click. Try moving your fleet closer to object at least well within available fuel range and try that. Also sometime, not sure in hyperdrive but in older official versions a “Cntr – Right click” would give me more options than just a right click.

Mine works to select Colonies, Spaceports, Mines, Research, Resorts as home base for fleets. Not sure if you can select other things or bases under new construction for first build as I have never tried.

Here are two sources that might be helpful on game settings as well as other things.

Scott's Guide https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=380441

Fleet Combat and Military Guide https://gamepretty.com/distant-worlds-2 ... bat-guide/

Hope this was helpful and gets you what you want.
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Success is how you bounce on the bottom

Experience is a comb life gives us after we have lost our hair
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

The highlight select is the problem, select the fleet by click on the fleet in the user interface. It is one left click on fleet and one right click on base or colony. DON'T select the ships by holding mouse and move. Do not make a red rectangle with the mouse.
RhinoDad

Post by RhinoDad »

To add to my above post sometimes by zooming in a little closer on the base or planet whilst fleet is selected then more options will become available.
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Success is how you bounce on the bottom

Experience is a comb life gives us after we have lost our hair

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”