ghost ship?

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

slicksyster

ghost ship?

Post by slicksyster »

ghost_ship.jpg
ghost_ship.jpg (369.59 KiB) Viewed 329 times
I've encountered a Mortalan ghost ship. I can see it's orange triangular outline when I zoom out, but when I zoom further in, it disappears. It only shows up as a triangular marker without any ship graphics (as in the attached image). Any further zoomed in than the above pic, the triangle fades and it completely disappears. Is this the ultimate stealth technology? I recently captured "super stealth" technology after conquering a Mortalan colony, so I know they've had access to this tech. My adjacent battleship has most advanced sensor tech on board, but the Mortalan ship (which has been continually shooting my troop transports with torpedoes, luckily for no real damage) remains untargetable. Any <right-click> menu appearing only shows move-to options and no attack/capture choices. If it had any serious weapons on it, it'd be unstopable. But at this point it's just a nuisance. I'm waiting for the medium space station in top of pic to finish construction, hoping its long range scanners will help. Meanwhile, keeping the battleship with its hyper-deny nearby is preventing the ghost ship from escaping.

Is this a bug? or a game (stealth) feature?
Last edited by slicksyster on Thu May 11, 2023 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btd64

Re: ghost ship?

Post by btd64 »

I would post a save so that Elliot can look at it. It could be cloak kind of thing....GP

Make sure that you indicate which version you are using....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”