Distant Worlds 2 - Official Update v1.1.2.4

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

MaximKI

Distant Worlds 2 - Official Update v1.1.2.4

Post by MaximKI »

Hello everyone!

A new official update for Distant Worlds 2, v1.1.2.4, is now live. The massive Aurora Update, v1.1.0.9, is now the legacy build for the game. You can download it by clicking HERE

Here's the change list for this new official update:

Changes in 1.1.2.4 (13th March 2023):

CRASH FIXES
- fixed various rare crashes
- fixed rare crash when ship resolves mission commands
- fixed rare crash when changing character empire
- fixed crash when rendering header panel for Civilian Ships section

COMPATIBILITY
- added better handling of 'Unsupported Graphics Profile' error (DirectX 11 not supported):
auto-reset from DXVK to DirectX 11 if relevant and explain need to upgrade video driver

GAME DIFFICULTY
- research bonus thresholds for research projects for non-player factions now progressively
scale with game difficulty level (non-players have lower thresholds)
- fixed game difficulty level being incorrectly reset when start a new game at difficulty higher
than normal

UI IMPROVEMENTS
- now properly clear active textbox when press Enter so that subsequent keypresses properly
handled by UI without additional mouse clicks (e.g. when rename item in Selection Panel)
- readjusted available user interface sizes based on vertical screen resolution
- ensure properly close diplomacy detail panel when exit to main menu
- fixed armor components not showing in ship damage report when empire has not yet
researched the armor component (acquired high tech ship)

SHIP DESIGN AND RETROFITS
- fixed bug with Ship Design retrofit path where ships and bases would sometimes retrofit to
the wrong design when using 'Latest Design for Largest Hull for Role'
- in Ship Design screen, selected component is now cleared only when right-click in empty
part of model view area (not when left-click)
- fixed faulty text in tooltip on Retrofit action button under Selection Panel when multiple
designs available for ship or base ('Multiple None Designs available')
- slightly reduced energy over-allowance factor when auto-generating ship and base designs
so that do not generate designs with insufficient energy collectors
- disallow setting civilian ship and bases to manually retrofit using button 'Mark Selected As
Manual Retrofit' in Designs List screen
- removed some incorrect warnings for some ship roles in the Ship Design screen

SHIP AND FLEET BEHAVIOR
- improved passenger ship migration mission selection in situations where few migration
sources for destination colony due to limited available suitable races or low source population
- automated fleets no longer attack pirate bases in foreign territory unless manually queued
- some ships no longer participate in salvaging debris (Colony Ships), while all others are now
more cautious to not salvage while there are threats at the location

FIGHTERS
- tweaked fighter logic so that they are more willing to attack distant targets that their parent
carrier is attacking
- fixed bug where fighters onboard bases or carriers could sometimes get damaged by nebula
effects (storms, etc)

- reduced reputation impact from hunting space creatures and destroying pirates

DIPLOMACY AND WAR WEARINESS
- tweaked how race aggression and caution values affect diplomacy: more aggressive races
slightly more likely to pursue conquer strategies. more cautious races more likely to pursue
friendly strategies
- properly include war weariness reduction bonus when displaying war weariness for a faction
in Diplomacy screen and other places
- tweaked tech trading costs so that other faction does not value items too low

COLONIZATION AND MIGRATION
- fixed Colony Ships sometimes constantly loading and unloading colonists when preferred
colonization target currently has threats (dangerous location) and alternative colonization
targets also have threats

POPULATION POLICIES
- Additional increase for slavery income factor, note that for maximum revenue you will likely
want to control taxes on planets with slavery manually
- altered how slavery colony population policy affects happiness and reputation - constant
impact level based on amount of population enslaved
- rebalanced income and unhappiness from slavery colony population policy

RESEARCH
- ensure always enable all first-level diplomacy research projects for all colonized races in
empire, regardless of how acquired (e.g. first contact with race may be through colony
conquest)
- slightly increased automated building level for research stations (when viable research
targets exist)
- in Research Screen fixed research projects sometimes incorrectly disallowed from moving
up in queue when optional random path to parent project not enabled
- fixed display of Slavery Unhappiness modifier value to be green (beneficial) when value is
negative on Enslavement Control facility in Research screen
- Tweaked research paths for troop transports to avoid requiring the Ikkuro to only research
their own splinter pods

INTELLIGENCE MISSIONS
- adjusted intelligence mission difficulty levels: all missions slightly easier, very difficult
missions quite a bit easier
- ensure properly clear target empire when manually assigning counter intelligence missions
to own spies
- factions with Internal Stabilization intelligence mission now use it more frequently
- fixed intelligence mission success chance sometimes being incorrect in Character Mission
screen in mission target selection dropdown list
- fixed ambassadors not gaining experience from intelligence missions when assigned to
pirate factions
- fixed Spy Mission user interface for new Dhayut intelligence mission types (Influence Empire
Positively and Influence Empire Negatively) to ensure player supplies Mission Target empire

LEADERSHIP CHANGES
- greatly reduced chance of rebellion at capital colony after disruptive leadership change

CHARACTERS
- decreased minimum total skills before characters are auto-dismissed from 0% to -10% (when
Characters are automated) to reduce too rapid turnover
- player faction now never auto-dismisses leader character unless total skills are -50%
- ensure new leaders are never selected from imprisoned characters

GAME EVENTS
- fixed some game/colony events not always triggering
- now include bonus descriptions in tooltip for any active Colony Events at top of Selection
Panel (when colony selected)
- fixed ruins investigation logic to be more careful when evaluating untriggered game events
for investigating race
- extended GenerateShipBase game event action so that can generate ships or bases owned
by location empire

NOTIFICATIONS
- no longer send galaxy-wide news messages for colony events that are initiated from raceor government-triggers

MODDING
- fixed Mod profiles sometimes not being remembered correctly

OTHER
- additional balance improvements to some research projects, facilities and components
- added new interstitial loading screen images when DLC installed (Ikkuro + Dhayut)
- added new Empire Nouns and Adjectives for new government types
- data file updates with some minor adjustments to Dhayut and Ikkuro research projects
- fixed 'Mining Bonanza' game event to properly apply temporary mining bonus
USSAmerica

Re: Distant Worlds 2 - Official Update v1.1.2.4

Post by USSAmerica »

This morning I'm getting virus threats on the v1.1.0.9 file that I had downloaded when Aurora was released and also on the new Legacy build version when I tried to download it. Will someone from Matrix please check this file?
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

USSAmerica wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:19 pm This morning I'm getting virus threats on the v1.1.0.9 file that I had downloaded when Aurora was released and also on the new Legacy build version when I tried to download it. Will someone from Matrix please check this file?
This is a false positive. I'm guessing you're using Windows Defender? We've checked this file and all that we upload to our site and there is no virus or trojan on the file on our site. We just re-checked this one based on your report.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Thanks for verifying, Erik! It is Windows Defender that is flagging it. When I downloaded Aurora at it's release time, it didn't get flagged.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
martok

Post by martok »

The game is no longer responding to keyboard commands: space bar, Escape key. etc., nothing works. I can't even type in a name for my empire when starting a new campaign.

This problem only started after v1.1.2.4 dropped. I haven't had any issues with the keyboard commands until now (it was fine when Aurora released a couple weeks ago).

EDIT: Okay, keyboard commands started working again after starting a new game...and they also work again after reloading my other (older) saved game. What the hell??
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Is the Aurora Update v1.1.0.9 Legacy Build (what does that mean?) needed with the Update v1.1.2.4?
PrivateLsd

Post by PrivateLsd »

I have played a game for a while now and the pirates haven't spawned yet despite me leaving their settings on the defaults. I don't recall ever having this problem prior to this update and/or me adding the DLC to the game.

Do you think this is a bug?

Kind Regards
PrivateLsd
AKicebear

Post by AKicebear »

PrivateLsd wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:51 pm I have played a game for a while now and the pirates haven't spawned yet despite me leaving their settings on the defaults. I don't recall ever having this problem prior to this update and/or me adding the DLC to the game.

Kind Regards
PrivateLsd
Spawning fine in my games since DLC. I did have other problems and had to verify the install (a Steam tool). Perhaps try that, or a fresh install if off Steam.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

eddieballgame wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:48 pm Is the Aurora Update v1.1.0.9 Legacy Build (what does that mean?) needed with the Update v1.1.2.4?
No, the 1.1.2.4 update includes all previous updates, you just need the latest one.

The option for the last official build (the legacy build) is there for those who for any reason don't want to upgrade yet.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

PrivateLsd wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:51 pm I have played a game for a while now and the pirates haven't spawned yet despite me leaving their settings on the defaults. I don't recall ever having this problem prior to this update and/or me adding the DLC to the game.
There is a lot of variability - pirates are in general appearing fine, I expect you just got lucky this time around and there are none near you (yet).
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Erik Rutins wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:31 pm
eddieballgame wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:48 pm Is the Aurora Update v1.1.0.9 Legacy Build (what does that mean?) needed with the Update v1.1.2.4?
No, the 1.1.2.4 update includes all previous updates, you just need the latest one.

The option for the last official build (the legacy build) is there for those who for any reason don't want to upgrade yet.
Thank you. :)

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”