Discord 3pm ET / 12pm Friday 4th of Nov - First mod developer outreach hour

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

TylerIN

Discord 3pm ET / 12pm Friday 4th of Nov - First mod developer outreach hour

Post by TylerIN »

If you're interested in making mods for DW2, I'll be on this Friday at 3pm to 4pm ET for discussion - might be on longer if anybody shows up.

First guest is gonna be Kevin C. who's going to be walking through model creation.

We're going to walk through the process of creating a race with a custom ship set and adding it as a mod to the game.

Everyone is welcome.

The time is subject to change for subsequent events, potentially every Friday.

We'll record the call and edit a series of them into a video covering all of the steps to create the example mod.

https://discord.gg/cnHU38YB6d
Last edited by TylerIN on Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reach out to me on the official DW2 Discord #mods channel.
AKicebear

Re: Discord 3pm ET / 12pm Friday 3/11 - First mod developer outreach hour

Post by AKicebear »

Thanks for this - I'm traveling this month so probably won't attend any of them, but surely will watch the recording.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”