Circles around ships and fleets on galaxy map

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

zebanovich

Circles around ships and fleets on galaxy map

Post by zebanovich »

Some ships or fleets when selected on galaxy map (zoomed out) will show 2 dashed circles, one yellow and other dark orange.
I know yellow circle is to show fuel range, but what does the dark orange circle mean?
100thMonkey

Re: Circles around ships and fleets on galaxy map

Post by 100thMonkey »

The orange circle is the ship's jump range. It's shown only when a single ship is selected.

I think that when a fleet is selected, or multiple ships are, the shortest jump range should be shown. Not very useful currently, but it might become much more useful when we'll get the ability to manually specify waypoints in future upgrades (which the latest game roadmap suggests we should get eventually).
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus
zebanovich

Post by zebanovich »

Thank you, I see there is also "jump accuracy", do you know what it is?
Jorgen_CAB

Post by Jorgen_CAB »

Jump accuracy is how close to the exit point the ship will end up at. This means you want an accuracy that is as small as possible.
zebanovich

Post by zebanovich »

Ah now I see why my fleets don't jump straight to point where I sent them, so engines and cruise speed plays a big role for high jump accuracy then, I mean higher the jump more important engines are to close in faster.

thanks.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”