Suggestion: Better filter for military ship

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

firemad

Suggestion: Better filter for military ship

Post by firemad »

Hi,

I think they should improve the filter to find ship.

It's ok if I want to know what ship isn't in a fleet or a frigate for example.

What happen if I want to see what ship that isn't in a fleet and only frigate ? You can't

We have 2 dropdown list.

I suggest that the first dropdown is all the status : ship not in a fleet for my example and the second dropdown only ship type or other ship status.

Well I don't know maybe we need 3 dropdown but right now it's too simple.

What do you think ?

Maybe I missed something and you can do it ?
BTAxis

Re: Suggestion: Better filter for military ship

Post by BTAxis »

Well, if a ship is in a fleet the fleet name will be shown in the list. So, if you don't see a fleet displayed next to the ship, it's not in a fleet.

Not that that's really that useful if you have a ton of ships, but it's something I guess.
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

firemad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:54 pm Hi,

I think they should improve the filter to find ship.

It's ok if I want to know what ship isn't in a fleet or a frigate for example.

What happen if I want to see what ship that isn't in a fleet and only frigate ? You can't

We have 2 dropdown list.

I suggest that the first dropdown is all the status : ship not in a fleet for my example and the second dropdown only ship type or other ship status.

Well I don't know maybe we need 3 dropdown but right now it's too simple.

What do you think ?

Maybe I missed something and you can do it ?
Having 2 attributes available for filtering would be much better; and I would advocate that all lists have this feature.

Just providing a second 'choice' from the available filter lists would be a huge improvement.

You do of course want to keep the sort choice, but it becomes less important as you can reduce results to a much smaller set.
zebanovich

Post by zebanovich »

I agree, item filtering is scarce.

For example if you want to find manually controlled exploration ships you can't.
if you want to filter all ships that are out of date (need retrofit) you can't.
many such examples.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”