This resource is at cargo capacity limit for this location

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

zebanovich

This resource is at cargo capacity limit for this location

Post by zebanovich »

When you click on "Resources & stock levels" on colony or spaceport some stored resources are reported as "This resource is at cargo capacity limit for this location" with a yellow icon.

I'm unable to figure out how exactly or why is some resource at storage capacity,
currently my spaceport cargo capacity is 9600, but some resources that are way bellow this capacity are still reported at being at the limit.

For example there is 320 of Kaasian crystal and it is reported as at storage capacity while the capacity is 9600 :?

How is this calculated, what limit of resource amount will trigger the yellow icon saying that the resource is at storage capacitiy?
Jorgen_CAB

Re: This resource is at cargo capacity limit for this location

Post by Jorgen_CAB »

As far as I understand the maximum of any resource that it stores seem to be about three times the requested amount from the planet as a whole. So even if you have allot of storage space it will not fill that if you have too much of a specific item.

One a bit annoying thing I have seen is that ships sometimes seem to dump cargo into space if the planet is full (even if there technically is space to fill).

In an way... a planet with a small population will only store small amount of cargo for that reason, at least this is what it seems for me. It also does not make much difference if you set the levels yourself either sometimes, it still will not store more for some reason.

To be frank, the whole system is a bit... frustrating. Though I had little trouble with it... I do find it troublesome that it is hard to understand why I can't get stations to store more resources even at manual levels.
zebanovich

Post by zebanovich »

Jorgen_CAB wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:05 pm As far as I understand the maximum of any resource that it stores seem to be about three times the requested amount from the planet as a whole. So even if you have allot of storage space it will not fill that if you have too much of a specific item.
Nice info, but how much is requested amount? how do we learn how much a planet is needing?
Jorgen_CAB wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:05 pm One a bit annoying thing I have seen is that ships sometimes seem to dump cargo into space if the planet is full (even if there technically is space to fill).
I didn't observe this but I will now, this is indeed bad, but I'm not sure if this applies to caslon? caslon seems to be able to be stored a lot, ex. on capital planet.
Jorgen_CAB wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:05 pm To be frank, the whole system is a bit... frustrating. Though I had little trouble with it... I do find it troublesome that it is hard to understand why I can't get stations to store more resources even at manual levels.
You know more than me obviously since I didn't play the game much but now that you shared this I might take a closer look to see what's happening, if I figure out something I'll share, thanks for help!
Jorgen_CAB

Post by Jorgen_CAB »

I think I seem to remember a bit wrong how much each colony tries to keep as the maximum. From the game I just observed it seem to be about 50% more of each construction resource from the maintain level. After this it shows as "At max Capacity". For luxuries it often is more before it say "At max capacity".

From my experience it seem like... when a planet are at max capacity it will try to the deliver resources from this location to any other location that are not at max capacity and priority to those below maintain level.

Some planets can deviate from this, like your home planet for example. I also think that Caslon is different as well because it is a fuel source.

Whatever the maintain level is based on is sort of a mystery (based on population somehow)... even at manual you can't always decide what it should be. This should be the lower level each planet will try to maintain... while the "At capacity" level is when the planet start to "export" to other stations.
zebanovich

Post by zebanovich »

I noticed in "resources" tab (F6) when you hover a mouse over production per second number there the tooltip says how much of that resource is demanded empire wide, I think based on that demand it is calculated how much is considered too much, but hard to say since not all colonies demand same amount like you said.

50% above "maintain" makes sense, I'll check that.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”