Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Out Now

Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm is a grand tactical wargame set at the height of the Cold War, with the action centered on the year 1989.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

Nine years after the release of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm, On Target Simulation returns with a new masterpiece. Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm is finally available, exclusively on the Matrix Games store. Hundreds of meticulously researched platforms and weapons, detailed orders of battle, and realistic modeling of modern combat, including armor, infantry, helicopters, airpower, and chemical and nuclear weapons, all wrapped up with a new user interface and PBEM++ multiplayer support.

Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm has an innovative WEGO asynchronous turn resolution system which models command friction, and it’s set at the height of the Cold War, with the action centered on 1989.

A slick and customizable user interface and a vastly improved and re-modeled gameplay and combat resolution system are only the tip of an iceberg of awesome changes and upgrades that represent an entirely new generation of Flashpoint Campaigns. 
Twenty-four stand-alone scenarios and fourteen more linked campaign scenarios spread across three detailed campaigns involve NATO and Warsaw Pact forces from the US, France, Canada, West Germany, the Soviet Union, East Germany, and Czechoslovakia.

Features:
• Your forces will engage the enemy on 20km x 15km or larger rendered real-world map locations. Each hex is 500m of militarily significant terrain. Each battle can last 4 to 24 hours of in-game time.
• Your troops will meet their foes during any time of day and any weather.
• Your efforts in this complex battlespace will be constantly challenged by modeled features like Electronic Warfare, Air Superiority, Realistic Weather, Line of Sight and Fire, Terrain and Elevation, Smoke and Mines, and Human Factors like training, morale, and readiness. All these elements must be considered if you are to be victorious on the battlefield.
• To help you navigate these critical factors, the game is packed with information dialogs, map overlays, and range rings to aid you as Commander, master the situation, and understand the capabilities of your forces.
• Southern Storm covers areas of Southern West Germany on 40 plus maps and an extensive selection of military equipment from 1980 to 1989. You will lead forces from the United States, France, Canada, West Germany, the Soviet Union, East Germany, and Czechoslovakia. These nations will be fighting in many replayable scenarios and campaigns, both in solo efforts or with allied nations fighting by your side.
• You will be immersed in a data-rich simulation where each nation has information on National Characteristics, Command Parameters, and Orders of Battle. Data Tables are packed with era-specific equipment and troops. Weapon Systems of the time, such as guns, missiles, precision munitions, small arms, and much more, are comprehensively modeled.
• As a toolkit, you can create your scenarios and campaigns. You can also dive deeper and create or modify game data, artwork, and sound effects as you see fit. All these modding capabilities are supported by detailed documentation.

Physical Manuals will begin shipping from January 9th, 2023. You will receive a serial number to allow you to start playing the digital download version of the game as soon as you complete your order.

Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Buy Now
https://www.matrixgames.com/game/flashp ... hern-storm

Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm in 2 mins
https://youtu.be/GfggCStPlto
IronManBeta

Re: Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Out Now

Post by IronManBeta »

I'm one of the developers and I can tell you it has been an immense amount of work to get this to where we wanted it and then released. We are soooo happy it is out now though!
gferreq

Post by gferreq »

LOL 62 euros!, I regret Im going to pass on this one, sad because I think this price will kill this game success.
JensLeugengroot

Post by JensLeugengroot »

gferreq wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:03 pm LOL 62 euros!, I regret Im going to pass on this one, sad because I think this price will kill this game success.
I don't think that the price will be a problem to Southern Storm. The main target audience of Southern Storm are male, aged 40-55 I presume, and this group probably has the funds to buy a game every 2 or 3 years, even if it comes with a price tag of 62 Euros...

Jens

P.S. If there are female players: No offence ;)
Abilius_XXI

Post by Abilius_XXI »

gferreq wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:03 pm LOL 62 euros!, I regret Im going to pass on this one, sad because I think this price will kill this game success.
Rate eur/hour is ridiculous if you compare with other video games or hobbies…

And the raw price… how much is a PS5 game?

I hope great sales and see dlcs in the pipeline to choose interesting topics to simulate… Arab versus Israel wars?
WABAC

Post by WABAC »

JensLeugengroot wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:14 pm
I don't think that the price will be a problem to Southern Storm. The main target audience of Southern Storm are male, aged 40-55 I presume, and this group probably has the funds to buy a game every 2 or 3 years, even if it comes with a price tag of 62 Euros...

Jens

P.S. If there are female players: No offence ;)
You can push the age higher than 55. I was 33 in 1989 when these scenarios take place. I had built my first computer in 1987 and was looking forward to gaming the Cold War gone hot on a system the cat couldn't get at. :)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm”