Unit scale on store page incorrect

Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm is a grand tactical wargame set at the height of the Cold War, with the action centered on the year 1989.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Vyshka

Unit scale on store page incorrect

Post by Vyshka »

I'm guessing the unit scale is incorrect on the Southern Storm webpage. It is showing brigade unlike Red Storm which shows platoon. The screenshots look like it should still be the same scale as Red Storm.
"When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches" - Adm. King
cbelva

Re: Unit scale on store page incorrect

Post by cbelva »

I don't quite understand what you are referring to. I read thru the Game info and it reads correctly as to the scale of the game. You play at the level of battalion or brigade command. Your counters on the map are primarily platoons and companies which make up your maneuver formations.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
Vyshka

Post by Vyshka »

I've always seen it used to discuss the size of units in the game, but that is mostly board wargaming. If you look at the store page for Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm Player's Edition, it says Unit Scale: Platoon. Now looking at some other titles there are some odd entries. War in the East/War in the West unit scale is listed as Brigade. If they mean it to be the level of command you are playing at then the Red Storm entry seems off, not to mention the WITE/WITW entries. Not a big deal, just something I noticed when looking at the store page.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

As Charles notes there is the Command level being emulated by the player which in the case of our games is a Battalion, Brigade, and Regiment commanders. The basic unit scale is platoon for us but there are units at section and company sizes depending on use and national doctrine. Hope that helps.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
Vyshka

Post by Vyshka »

I understand that is the command level being emulated. On the store page does Unit Scale denote command level? If yes, then the Red Storm page has the unit scale wrong. If no, then the Southern Storm page has the unit scale wrong. The reason I brought this up is because the 2 pages were inconsistent with each other. Red Storm says platoon, and Southern Storm says brigade. Board wargaming has always used it to mean the size of the units you are pushing on the map, which is why it initially stood out to me.

Red Storm:
redstorm.png
redstorm.png (13.95 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Southern Storm:
southernstorm.png
southernstorm.png (12.32 KiB) Viewed 650 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I see what you are saying and the store page seems off. I'll pass that along to Erik and see if we can get it all correct.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm”