Questions

Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm is a grand tactical wargame set at the height of the Cold War, with the action centered on the year 1989.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

wodin

Questions

Post by wodin »

Hello,

Very excited about this release.

1. Have infantry been touched in this release? If so how? I like my infantry to be useful in wargames and not wiped out like they where in some sort of human wave attack. To be honest the previous game esp in built up areas I found Infantry to be nice and stubborn at times. Though any improvements more than welcome.

2. I always found Helos felt abit abstracted trying to emulate low flying etc. Anything changed with that mechanic?

3. LOS. Sometimes it felt it was to easy to spot units in urban areas if not to easy LOS to easy LOF. ANy chnages here?

Thanks
CapnDarwin

RE: Questions

Post by CapnDarwin »

Let me work in reverse order.

#3. The spotting and sensor model has been completely redone and all of the issues you mention and more are gone. Depending on type of sensor and target unit parameters, weather, time of day, training, and a sprinkle of chance, units can fall in and out of being spotted, or identified or classified. Also no more god-mode thermal sights.

#2. More work is being done to make helos perform better in the various roles. We are working on some AI and UI things now and we have a few other features that we will look at post release. They will with all the new features be better than what Red Storm had.

#1. Nothing has directly been done to them, but all of the LOS and sensor changes make them harder to spot and kill. Further improvements in the combat model being worked on now will also improve survival, but they still are squishy in the open against modern weapons.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm”