John Tiller's Campaign Series

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
JDINO

John Tiller's Campaign Series

Post by JDINO »

Will the game still work after I upgrade to Windows 11 ?
Crossroads

RE: John Tiller's Campaign Series

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: JDINO

Will the game still work after I upgrade to Windows 11 ?
Hi @JDINO, works for me at least without any issues.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Uncivil Engineer

Re: John Tiller's Campaign Series

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

It works, but the help files are not available. If anyone has a readable file that shows the combat fire and combat melee results and all the various adjustments for flank fire, terrain, etc. it would be appreciated. I should have printed this out back using Windows 7, but I didn't think it would disappear. Thanks.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Do you mean the WinHelp files of the old? Did they work with W7, even?

If that’s what you mean they have not been supported for years, sorry.

The current Help loads up the game manual, then there’s the plethora of Tool tips around.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Uncivil Engineer

Crossroads wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:40 pm Do you mean the WinHelp files of the old? Did they work with W7, even?

If that’s what you mean they have not been supported for years, sorry.

The current Help loads up the game manual, then there’s the plethora of Tool tips around.
Yes, they used to work. I had several of these games before Matrix relaunched them under the John Tiller series; they were something like Battleground: #; Bull Run was 7, Gettysburg was 2. The Help system worked then. I still have the manuals for those two games, but the manuals don't include all the detail that was in the Help file.
volcanicaerie

Post by volcanicaerie »

Uncivil Engineer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:42 pm Yes, they used to work. I had several of these games before Matrix relaunched them under the John Tiller series; they were something like Battleground: #; Bull Run was 7, Gettysburg was 2. The Help system worked then. I still have the manuals for those two games, but the manuals don't include all the detail that was in the Help file.
I have tried Battleground and it all works fine.
Uncivil Engineer

volcanicaerie wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:08 am
Uncivil Engineer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:42 pm Yes, they used to work. I had several of these games before Matrix relaunched them under the John Tiller series; they were something like Battleground: #; Bull Run was 7, Gettysburg was 2. The Help system worked then. I still have the manuals for those two games, but the manuals don't include all the detail that was in the Help file.
I have tried Battleground and it all works fine.
Are you saying the Help system works? The game works great, it's the help files that no longer work.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”