Can't purchase a game

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
titaniummushroom

Can't purchase a game

Post by titaniummushroom »

Every time I've tried to purchase Scourge of War Gettysburg I get this error.

"Error - Shopping Cart
The request cannot be fulfilled for the current shopper. Please contact BlueSnap support for further details."

BlueSnap hasn't been helpful and Matrix won't seem to respond to me neither. This error doesn't give any details as to what the problem is. I've been trying to buy the 150th Anniversary edition with boxed add-on. It would be nice to understand why they don't seem to want my money.
zakblood

RE: Can't purchase a game

Post by zakblood »

normally this is a browser error or pop up blocker / AV type error, narrowing it down can be hard, as no one but your self knows what's been installed, so altering settings to default sometimes helps
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
ajvanrens

Post by ajvanrens »

ORIGINAL: titaniummushroom

Every time I've tried to purchase Scourge of War Gettysburg I get this error.

"Error - Shopping Cart
The request cannot be fulfilled for the current shopper. Please contact BlueSnap support for further details."

BlueSnap hasn't been helpful and Matrix won't seem to respond to me neither. This error doesn't give any details as to what the problem is. I've been trying to buy the 150th Anniversary edition with boxed add-on. It would be nice to understand why they don't seem to want my money.

Were you able to fix this? Been trying for a few days to buy WITE2 but irrespective of which payment option I choose (credit card / paypal) i get the same damned "Error - Shopping Card".

Mailed the support address but yet to hear anything from them.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Rockarpee

Post by Rockarpee »

Been trying WITE2 and WITW Torch add on, exactly same problem. Bought other games hours earlier with no problem.
rjantzi

Post by rjantzi »

I'm getting the same "Shopping Cart" error message. I've got 7 items in my Cart (including WITE2) and can't complete the transaction. I've tried two different browsers on two different computers. I've submitted a ticket to support and hope to hear back soon as I believe the WITE2 sale ends tomorrow.
ObeseMonkey

Post by ObeseMonkey »

I have just had the same this evening. What's more I had this issue a few weeks ago, and earlier this year. Its frustrating they have yet to fix it given I have notified them each and every time. Its getting to the point I may avoid shopping here altogether.
It is clearly on their end. I have no issue using my card anywhere else, and I don't see how anything on my pc could effect it. I use google chrome, and nothing else.

Whilst matrix fixed the fact last time this error double charged me, that they still haven't fixed the error is annoying.
'Juana Azurduy, flor del Alto Perú, No hay otro capitán más valiente que tú'.
krumenacker

Post by krumenacker »

Any resolution to this? I've joined the site, used multiple browsers and payment methods. Been trying for 9 days. Do I need to be concerned that the multiple credit cards I used are compromised?

I've been interested in WiTP for awhile. Extremely disappointed.
ObeseMonkey

Post by ObeseMonkey »

No. I did the same. Multiple pcs, browsers and tried turning off things like addblocker.
It’s not compromised I wouldn’t worry about that. It’s clearly on their end though.
Hope it is fixed soon.
Otherwise I won’t be able to purchase from here again.
Which is frustrating as I hoped to buy a handful of new games next year.
rookie86

Post by rookie86 »

It looks like that many people have the same problem, it would be nice if Slitherine/Matrix do a little communication about it!
I tried it with different credit cards, different computers and different browsers. Always the same error message for weeks!
I had no problem with buying games from Steam with the same credit card.

If you can't handle the problem, please put Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive on Steam now... they can handle it!

EDIT: It looks it has worked, i got the e-mails with the confirmation and the download-links [:D] Strange... because i got the error again [:D]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

if changing to another browser didn't help, best bet then is support who will try and help you more, good luck

Please email support at support@matrixgames.com
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Hpeliitta

Post by Hpeliitta »

I also have a problem with checkout.

After Checkout -> Continue:

"Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."
ObeseMonkey

Post by ObeseMonkey »

This would be the third time I’d have contacted support this year. I purchased a game in June and had the error. I detailed the error to them with a screenshot and everything. I then had it again upon release of DC Ardennes only this time it double charged me, and didn’t actually register the purchase, but I got the keys in an email. Support sorted out the double purchase fine, but it’s annoying they have still not sorted the issue that caused it.

It’s so obviously an issue on their end. If nothing I do changes it, and I’m able to purchase successfully everywhere else. Plus it’s clearly a major issue affecting a sizeable amount.

I mean I’m trying to give them money! [&:]
aerosky

Post by aerosky »

ORIGINAL: Hpeliitta

I also have a problem with checkout.

After Checkout -> Continue:

"Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."
Try to close the firewall
In the future, no space, no win
joey

Re: Can't purchase a game

Post by joey »

I also can't purchase a game. It says the say as everyone else. Error shopping cart.

I have tried different browsers with no luck.

When will this be fixed? It did not do this the last time I bought a game. Has anyone had any luck figuring this out?
Tempest5

Post by Tempest5 »

I put in a service ticket and problem was fixed the next day. But I have had this problem before once...across platforms.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have been trying for days to buy War in the East 2 - Steel Inferno but the store just tells me to use another card or contact my bank, I have contacted my bank and there is nothing wrong with my card or account? Stupid question what cards does the store accept? I have tried Mastercard and Visa Debit without success, or does the site just accept Credit Cards and PayPal? I for one don't use PayPal anymore so that rules out that option. Been a member for many years and I have many games, but until a solution can be found as to why my Debit cards are being rejected, then it looks like I won't be buying any more games from Matrix which is a real sad state of affairs. I have already been in touch with support but problem still remains unresolved.
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Ok my patience is at an end. I want answers, what is going on with the Matrix & Slitherine store, for over a week now I have tried to purchase War in the East 2 - Steel Inferno without success. I have tried both my Wife and I Debit Cards and I just tried my wife's Credit Card and still the site does not accept any payments, telling me to try another card or contact my bank. I have contacted my bank twice already and there is nothing wrong with my debit card or my account, so could someone please respond and tell me what is going on?
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Update: I finally managed to complete the purchase of War in the East 2 - Steel Inferno but not before contacting my bank again to confirm the purchase was legitimate.
Make it so!
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

Anyone ever determine the root cause of this can't purchase problem?

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”