Can you have a directory folder with same named on C and D drive?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
jack54

Can you have a directory folder with same named on C and D drive?

Post by jack54 »

I keep most of my games on the D drive but forgot to change the directory drive during an install so I have 1 game install in C:GOG with my other GOG games in D:GOG; should I uninstall and reinstall?

Usually I add a number when installing to a second drive Like C:Matrix and D:Matrix 2

Thanks for any help!
Jack
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
OldSarge

Re: Can you have a directory folder with same named on C and D drive?

Post by OldSarge »

The short answer is yes you can have folders with the same name on different drives. I assume the installer created a shortcut for you, it'll have the correct path (which includes the drive letter) to start the game.

Whether or not you go through steps to the uninstall and reinstall is up to you and how you prefer to manage and arrange your games. I like to keep my games together for file management purposes, YMMV.

HTH
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
jack54

Re: Can you have a directory folder with same named on C and D drive?

Post by jack54 »

Ok great thank you…
Everything seems to be running fine but I did notice that GoG Galaxy doesn’t see the game. At some point I may move it to the D:drive. (Installing with Galaxy kept failing so I did the manual install.)

Thanks again!
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”