SGS NATO`s Nightmare

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Vasquez

SGS NATO`s Nightmare

Post by Vasquez »

Extremely good game especially if you are used with this classic AGEOD like engine. Played 40+ hours since release.

Superb and friendly DEVS as well. Listening and patching quickly.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1849 ... Nightmare/
Rosseau

Re: SGS NATO`s Nightmare

Post by Rosseau »

I have to agree. I previously had gushed a bit about SGS Korean War and was rightfully put in my place regarding the Air Phase of that game. ;)

This one too has its idiosyncrasies. But it such a sweeping monster of a game. Lots of counters in the big scenarios, but certainly less that WitE. I may be playing this one for a long time - at least until I fully understand it!

Best wishes to all.
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

Rosseau wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:08 am I have to agree. I previously had gushed a bit about SGS Korean War and was rightfully put in my place regarding the Air Phase of that game. ;)

This one too has its idiosyncrasies. But it such a sweeping monster of a game. Lots of counters in the big scenarios, but certainly less that WitE. I may be playing this one for a long time - at least until I fully understand it!

Best wishes to all.
I did not intend to do anything more than point out my issues with the Air Defense mode in certain games. I did not want to condemn the whole game engine just because I don't understand the mechanic and because it is tedious in certain games. Rosseau, I apologize.

NATO's Nightmare has 2 levels. One is a basic level with a reduced counter total and the other is the advanced game with lots of counters and more complicated game mechanics. The advanced one is truly a monster but they promise small scenarios will be added in the future.

I have been playing around with the Korean War game and will learn the Air Defense mechanic as I get more experience. I actually did buy N's N and I am extremely impressed with it.
gamer78

Post by gamer78 »

Korean game is not bad because of air phase I think more about AI problems. Their latest patch doesn't seem to adress it.
Vasquez wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:53 pm Played 40+ hours since release.

How do you rate AI? I think for a 15 turn game it has some agenda this time.
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

gamer78 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:04 pm Korean game is not bad because of air phase I think more about AI problems. Their latest patch doesn't seem to adress it.
Vasquez wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:53 pm Played 40+ hours since release.

How do you rate AI? I think for a 15 turn game it has some agenda this time.
I bet it will be very difficult to have an AI able to handle all decisions it must in a game on this scale.
gamer78

Post by gamer78 »

Technically game runs very smooth even in card phase with so much counters. Which wasn't the case in Taiping&Korean game. In first turn reinforcements are not auto deployed but by the player it is so much about replay ability. So far so good.

Return to “General Discussion”