Steel Tigers?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ncc1701e

Re: Steel Tigers?

Post by ncc1701e »

76mm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:11 pm
It only took me about twenty years to figure out that computer games will never deliver exactly what I'm looking for; now I've switched to finding board games that are close to what I want which have a VASSAL module, tweaking the rules however I see fit, and then tweaking the VASSAL module accordingly.
What were you looking for?
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ncc1701e wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:25 pm What were you looking for?
Honestly, it would take me too long to describe in detail what I want, and in any event, what I want is highly idiosyncratic and not anything that would necessarily appeal to most other players.

But one thing I can describe fairly easily is more regular roll-outs of new content. I've lost count of games that I liked, and where the devs promised further development, only for such development to fail to materialize altogether or to take several years to accomplish. Steel Tigers is an example of the former, Flashpoint Campaigns and expansions for Combat Mission eastern front game are an example of the latter. I'm tired of waiting around endlessly. I'd originally hoped to program my own computer game but don't think at this point that that is a realistic goal, and even if it was I would still need to know what game I was trying to program, so creating a home-made board game is a useful start.
drez

Post by drez »

Another year another check in on Steel Tigers. I, like many have played Steel Panthers for decades now. But I have finally gotten to a point where I just need that game to be truly brought in to the modern era. Shrapnel Games have done a sterling job keeping it going as long and as well as they have. But goddamn a proper and official new rendition of Steel Panthers remains my absolute number one most anticipated game ever. I would indeed shell out a good bit of money for it (assuming it wasn't a dishonorable and blatant cash grab). So, my fingers remain crossed that there remains highly competent devs with the passion for Steel Panthers who still yet breath and that they put the hard work in required to see such a project made real! Come one guys don't let us down it's one of the greatest wargames ever and really deserves a modern remake!!
War is messy, which is why it is best done digitally.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Steel Tigers will be focused on WW2. No modern area, I have asked before. Damn it, I want some ATGM... :roll:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

I am sure that swearing will help hurry the project along.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

flibby

Post by flibby »

RangerJoe wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:11 pm I am sure that swearing will help hurry the project along.

******* Great :mrgreen:
Thorshammer427

Post by Thorshammer427 »

I would pay actual money for a SP remake / reboot.

Modern graphics and interface, game play 80% unchanged, just tweaked to take advantage of new thinking in game design....

I would absolutely drop $100 on a base game and another $40 - $50 over the next year or so on DLC.

I bought the original SP (24 units in a campaign, lol), SP 2, SP III, and SP MBT back in the day.

I was playing SP:WaW yesterday.

I play WOWS so you know I'm serious when I say I'll spend money.

Y'all better hope I win the lottery.
mainsworthy

Post by mainsworthy »

all they have to do is make an emulator like dos box, for SP to work in, then will run on any PC, Im sure they droped deving on SP because of incompatability and the devs thought it impossible, i say this because the amount of interest and they dont dev for SP means they cant dev it, but an emulator would fix this and give new functions to the game like filters etc

my first attempt would be to install linux on a virtual machine, the SP, and run it under wine, but you need an older linux version with wine 32, you can still run it fine on 64bits but it would be more compatable. then you could distribute the virtual linux hard drive(its just a file) then i would get a cut down version of linux made specificaly for the job, so all you do is turn it on, no logins etc... the linux version could be text based. then al the users need do is get the virtual machines app, and input the hard drive file, the kicker here is it will run on lots of OS systems like android MacOS Linux Windows etc...
https://hiphopy.itch.io/

check when you can, I put diff stuff on now and then
TDefender

Post by TDefender »

Considering Steel Tigers is not going to happen anytime soon I'd like to inform you that "The Troop" has just left the early realese status on "Steam" and it's now "complete" with 3 campaigns, a story mode and tons of scenario. A really great game (from visuals to "realism" attention) The kind of game I would have expected from Matrix, once ... :?
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

TDefender wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:46 pm I'd like to inform you that "The Troop" has just left the early realese status on "Steam"
There is even a demo to try the game. :o
mainsworthy

Post by mainsworthy »

they should of hooked up with matrix and called it steel tigers , everybody would of believed it easily, its the perfect sequel to SP. It really is good, its a hex based turn based game but hides with great graphics.

everyone can stop waiting for ST now.
https://hiphopy.itch.io/

check when you can, I put diff stuff on now and then
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

After trying the demo, I can say I am waiting Steel Tigers more than ever. :D
jhyden

Post by jhyden »

bump to top
drez

Post by drez »

2024 and still hoping for Steel Tigers!!!
War is messy, which is why it is best done digitally.
flibby

Post by flibby »

drez wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:53 am 2024 and still hoping for Steel Tigers!!!
Absolutely. We live in eternal hope.
TerribleIvan

Post by TerribleIvan »

flibby wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm
drez wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:53 am 2024 and still hoping for Steel Tigers!!!
Absolutely. We live in eternal hope.
Hear, hear!
TDefender

Post by TDefender »

Now I've lost my hope, but to tell you the true I'm very happy "The troop" (great simulation, good graphics, great support and frequent new stuff from the devs, just too bad for no mp so far) and I've also appreciated a lot the demo of the upcomig "Headquarters: World War II" from Slitherine. The horizon is not so dark after all ;)
Shellshock

Post by Shellshock »

TDefender wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:02 pm Now I've lost my hope, but to tell you the true I'm very happy "The troop" (great simulation, good graphics, great support and frequent new stuff from the devs, just too bad for no mp so far)
It's good. I do wish it had air power more represented.

Return to “General Discussion”