New Forum Tips and Issues

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Jason Petho

Re: New Forum Tips and Issues

Post by Jason Petho »

Any news on Pinning and Unpinning threads for moderators?
DesertWolf101

Post by DesertWolf101 »

Supervisor wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:29 pm Wrong attachments showing should be fixed now.
Brilliant, thanks!
Tank Commander_MatrixForum

Post by Tank Commander_MatrixForum »

When are all the key issues planned to be resolved

Some of these issues suggest that the beta testing to not contain right numbers of people wit Matrix experience given may of these issues have been raised by gamers within the first few days.

I for one am disappointed with some of these obvious game play issues. It would be helpful to understand when these may be targetted to be fixed since some are game breakers
3 write-offs but still a Tank Commander
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

This is a thread that has been made global, and is really in the general section, thus nobody has any idea what game you are talking about.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ernieschwitz wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:40 am This is a thread that has been made global, and is really in the general section, thus nobody has any idea what game you are talking about.
And the title of the thread says it is about the New Forum, not about a game. The question should be asked in the appropriate game sub-forum.

As for the Forum software, Matrix seems to have been pretty open and responsive to the issues raised during the cut-over. Since it is new software from (presumably) a different developer than the old Forum software, some features will be different and not what we liked in the old version - the limited smilies for example. But I don't expect Matrix to try and re-invent the software for such cosmetic reasons.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

If possible, when I am selecting the Logout command, can I stay on the forum page I was currently seeing?
Today, I am back on the main forum page.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

How can I remove those "announcements" topics?
Peter
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

How can I remove those "announcements" topics?
+1
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

+1
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
valeryvdr

Post by valeryvdr »

Jason Petho wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:00 pm Any news on Pinning and Unpinning threads for moderators?
This should be operational as of now.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

This should be operational as of now.
Nevermind, I see how to do it.

Thank you
mdsmall

Post by mdsmall »

Hi - how can I attach a document to one of my posts in this Forum? I have been trying to attach a Word file to a post to explain a mod I have design but I always get an error message saying "does not recognize file extension" - which I assume is the .docx extension on the Word file.

Can someone advise me if this can be resolved?

Michael Small
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

mdsmall wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:58 pm Hi - how can I attach a document to one of my posts in this Forum? I have been trying to attach a Word file to a post to explain a mod I have design but I always get an error message saying "does not recognize file extension" - which I assume is the .docx extension on the Word file.

Can someone advise me if this can be resolved?

Michael Small
If you look at the bottom of the page there is an 'attachments' button / tab enabler.

---

An aside comment: I really like the iterative search feature of the new forum!
mdsmall

Post by mdsmall »

Hi - I was using that button but it still does not allow me attach a Word file. Any more suggestions?

BTW - has someone done a YT tutorial on how to use this Forum? I do not find it as intuitive as the older version and a video tutorial would be a great help.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Perhaps you could attach it once you zipped it?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Centuur wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:16 pm How can I remove those "announcements" topics?
I would like to get an answer to this question. The "announcement" topics are very annoying, because they appear everywhere. I consider at least three of those advertising. I hate advertising on forums...
Peter
NuclearLD

Post by NuclearLD »

Erik Rutins wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:12 am
btd64 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:39 pm The Font is way to tiny. Now I have to hold my laptop up close to read the messages that I get....GP
The first post has a tip on going back to "wide" mode. You can also use Control+Mousewheel to zoom in on any web page to make it larger.
Done!
Nuclear launch detected!
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Any news on the "Announcements" being removed from all the sub-forums?

Thanks!
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

Is it OK to post about small bugs in the Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support, just as a regular post, without having to fill a complete bug report with dxdiag and all? For instance, for something like a message being displayed twice for the same event, with a slight change (icon) between the two. For such a bug, it's certain that it has nothing to do with DirectX.

I'm asking because I did such a post a few minutes ago, and I don't see it in the thread (the most recent post is from March 10). But I see the post in my control panel.
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

100thMonkey wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:28 am Is it OK to post about small bugs in the Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support, just as a regular post, without having to fill a complete bug report with dxdiag and all? For instance, for something like a message being displayed twice for the same event, with a slight change (icon) between the two. For such a bug, it's certain that it has nothing to do with DirectX.

I'm asking because I did such a post a few minutes ago, and I don't see it in the thread (the most recent post is from March 10). But I see the post in my control panel.
I looked at the forum and your post is there. It is about 10 threads down because there is so much posting in that forum. There are also two sections above the start of user submitted threads that you have to scroll past.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “General Discussion”