New Forum Tips and Issues

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

gwgardner

Re: New Forum Tips and Issues

Post by gwgardner »

The new forums are too 'top-heavy.' When I want to see the latest posts in a given sub-forum, I have to scroll through announcements and other endlessly repeated administrative posts to get to the ones that are pertinent.

Please clean up the forums. Place all those administrative posts in a single forum, leave them out of the sub-forums on games.

100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

I can see it now. Not sure why I wasn't seeing it before. Thanks.
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

gwgardner wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:23 am The new forums are too 'top-heavy.' When I want to see the latest posts in a given sub-forum, I have to scroll through announcements and other endlessly repeated administrative posts to get to the ones that are pertinent.

Please clean up the forums. Place all those administrative posts in a single forum, leave them out of the sub-forums on games.
+1
Jorgas

Post by Jorgas »

Jason Petho wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:43 pm Any news on the "Announcements" being removed from all the sub-forums?

Thanks!
I used a ad-blocker and straight out manually-blocked the announcement part of the forum, it's so much nicer now! - and I don't feel that i miss anything important at all, it was just ads for new games posts anyways.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Jason Petho wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:12 pm
gwgardner wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:23 am The new forums are too 'top-heavy.' When I want to see the latest posts in a given sub-forum, I have to scroll through announcements and other endlessly repeated administrative posts to get to the ones that are pertinent.

+1
Now, I've got a totaly of 6 of these topics. How much more topics do you need? Will this become 20 or 30, before one goes to a topic, regarding the game one want to reply too?

Please, please, please, change this now. It's terribly annoying and even insulting to your customers IMHO.
Peter
Cpl GAC

Post by Cpl GAC »

Every time I log in and write a thoughtful reply - taking a bit of time - when I go to preview or submit it I'm sent to a page to re-login and everything I wrote is gone...

Is it me missing a step or too short a reply timer?
If you're STILL making Panzer IIs after seeing your first T-34... you're probably going to lose.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Cpl GAC wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:17 pm Every time I log in and write a thoughtful reply - taking a bit of time - when I go to preview or submit it I'm sent to a page to re-login and everything I wrote is gone...

Is it me missing a step or too short a reply timer?
That was an issue in the old forum software too. The workaround is simple - every time you compose a long post, select everything and copy it to the clipboard. If the post disappears into the ether or you are kicked off the team, just rejoin and paste the clipboard text into a new post, ready to submit in seconds.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Is the forum brutally slow, or is it just me?
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Jason Petho wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:09 pm Is the forum brutally slow, or is it just me?
Seems to be okay for me atm.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

It is very slow for me too.
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus
phebron

Post by phebron »

It is very slow.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Just about unusable, took me about 20 minutes to get here
Orm

Post by Orm »

Centuur wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:45 pm
Jason Petho wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:12 pm

+1
Now, I've got a totaly of 6 of these topics. How much more topics do you need? Will this become 20 or 30, before one goes to a topic, regarding the game one want to reply too?

Please, please, please, change this now. It's terribly annoying and even insulting to your customers IMHO.
Hear, hear.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
morphin

Post by morphin »

All google search guide to old forum. So how do i search? The forum search finds only very few hints. Google search much better but all google search links now links to old forum.

I hope i can use google search in future
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Hey there,

just wanted to mention that i'm glad for the forum software.

No need to rename the attachments anymore, and attaching files is so much more convenient.

Also, I find the search feature much more efficient than with the previous software.

Cheers
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

I'm trying to attach a saved game to a post in the DW2 support thread. While creating the post, the attachement seems to be there, but as soon as I either do a preview or submit the post, the attachment disappears. It is zipped, and under 10 MB (7.254 KB according to Windows).

Here's the link to that post:
(https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 2#p4987432)

Any idea about what's going on, or about how to make that work?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ClaudeJ wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:19 am Hey there,

just wanted to mention that i'm glad for the forum software.

No need to rename the attachments anymore, and attaching files is so much more convenient.

Also, I find the search feature much more efficient than with the previous software.

Cheers
👍
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

I knew family members would understand me :mrgreen:
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

100thMonkey wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:22 pm I'm trying to attach a saved game to a post in the DW2 support thread. While creating the post, the attachement seems to be there, but as soon as I either do a preview or submit the post, the attachment disappears. It is zipped, and under 10 MB (7.254 KB according to Windows).

Here's the link to that post:
(https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 2#p4987432)

Any idea about what's going on, or about how to make that work?

Did you press the Place Inline button ?
It should generate a code such as

Code: Select all

[attachment=0]Whatever.zip[/attachment]
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

valeryvdr wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:46 am
Jason Petho wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:00 pm Any news on Pinning and Unpinning threads for moderators?
This should be operational as of now.
I'm still not seeing how to do this? Please clarify how to pin/unpin threads. Thanks.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “General Discussion”