New Forum Tips and Issues

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Jason Petho

Re: New Forum Tips and Issues

Post by Jason Petho »

pzgndr wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:15 pm
valeryvdr wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:46 am
Jason Petho wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:00 pm Any news on Pinning and Unpinning threads for moderators?
This should be operational as of now.
I'm still not seeing how to do this? Please clarify how to pin/unpin threads. Thanks.
Using the management tools, they are called "Sticky" now.

"Change to Sticky" is how you do so.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Jason Petho wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:23 pm Using the management tools, they are called "Sticky" now.
I see now. We have to go into Edit Post, and then Change topic type. Not intuitive. Thanks!
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
valeryvdr

Post by valeryvdr »

pzgndr wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:44 pm
Jason Petho wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:23 pm Using the management tools, they are called "Sticky" now.
I see now. We have to go into Edit Post, and then Change topic type. Not intuitive. Thanks!
You do not need to Edit Post, you can do this by clicking at the Quick-mod tools menu at the bottom of the Posts List.
Screenshot from 2022-04-16 21-27-29.png
Screenshot from 2022-04-16 21-27-29.png (126.97 KiB) Viewed 8365 times
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

ClaudeJ wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:59 am
100thMonkey wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:22 pm I'm trying to attach a saved game to a post in the DW2 support thread. While creating the post, the attachement seems to be there, but as soon as I either do a preview or submit the post, the attachment disappears. It is zipped, and under 10 MB (7.254 KB according to Windows).

Here's the link to that post:
(https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 2#p4987432)

Any idea about what's going on, or about how to make that work?

Did you press the Place Inline button ?
It should generate a code such as

Code: Select all

Whatever.zip
No, I had not clicked the Place Inline button. I've just tried and it worked. Thanks!
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

How can I get rid of those topics which I consider to be spam. It's annoying, irritating and even insulting to me.

One place where these topics appear is enough. To have them opening on every page in this forum makes me mad.

I don't have a huge screen, so I want to get rid of these totally uninteresting topics.
Peter
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Centuur wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:41 pm How can I get rid of those topics which I consider to be spam. It's annoying, irritating and even insulting to me.

One place where these topics appear is enough. To have them opening on every page in this forum makes me mad.

I don't have a huge screen, so I want to get rid of these totally uninteresting topics.
+1
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Centuur wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:41 pm How can I get rid of those topics which I consider to be spam. It's annoying, irritating and even insulting to me.

Agree, on the main forum is enough, why are they in every sub forum also?
springel

Post by springel »

Nomad wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Because many readers only read one or two sub forums and use direct bookmarks. They would never see announcements if they were not repeated in each sub forum.

But it would be nice if they disappeared if confirmed, like the announcements on the Paradox forums.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

springel wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:41 pm
Nomad wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Because many readers only read one or two sub forums and use direct bookmarks. They would never see announcements if they were not repeated in each sub forum.

But it would be nice if they disappeared if confirmed, like the announcements on the Paradox forums.
What I am trying to say is that on the main War in the Pacific AE forum is fine, but they are on all of the WitPAE sub forums also.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

What I am trying to say is that on the main War in the Pacific AE forum is fine, but they are on all of the WitPAE sub forums also.
Exactly, same for Campaign Series Vietnam. The main forum is fine, but quite excessive in all the sub forums.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Any chance you could fix the whos online count? It always says it is me an 1 guest, no matter where I am.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Nomad wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:03 pm Any chance you could fix the whos online count? It always says it is me an 1 guest, no matter where I am.
If you click on the text "Who Is Online" you get a list, but it looks like it is for all the forums, not just the game forum you are interested in. Mind you, I am doing that in this forum, it might give the game forum only if I go back to the WITP-AE forum and try it.

EDIT - nope, I went back to the game forum and it still gave a list that is for multiple forums.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

The attachment size limit prevents me to attach a zipped saved Distant Worlds 2 game for a bug report. Even with the maximum compression, the zip file size is 10,274KB (10,520,034 bytes). And when I try to attach it to a post, I get the following error message:

Attachment too big.png
Attachment too big.png (8.16 KiB) Viewed 6677 times

This is not my first bug report for DW2, and it worked fine before. So clearly, the game file have become too big for the forum limit. Maybe because of where I'm at in my game, or because of updates in DW2, or both...

Whatever the reason is, the forum attachment size limit is now preventing me from posting proper bug reports (with saved game attached). :evil: And I'm sure I'm not (or will not be) alone in this situation.

The size limit needs to be increased.
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus
rxnnxs

Post by rxnnxs »

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Nomad wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:03 pm Any chance you could fix the whos online count? It always says it is me an 1 guest, no matter where I am.
+1

I think there is a toggle in your account that might be default set to hidden? Maybe?

I really miss this feature....it is motivating and sometimes very flattering especially when a developer drops by to read your AAR! :D
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

YES! I finally discovered matrixgames-wide option for the forum!!
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Just a reminder, GG WitW Forum still has an invalid link/redirect to buy it
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10555
2 valid buy links, one invalid, just the 2 valid ones are required
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

Curious question: is there a BBCode WYSIWYG editor available with this new forum software's BBCode?
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

YouTube tags doesn't seems to work.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/_qeXJWmRBks[/YouTube]
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ClaudeJ wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:53 pm YouTube tags doesn't seems to work.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/_qeXJWmRBks[/YouTube]
You have a dot between the tu and the be. Is that a correct link you tried?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “General Discussion”