Just found out something VERY interesting about Steam!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

szmike

RE: Just found out something VERY interesting about Steam!!

Post by szmike »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun
One thing about Steam, you wont get your refund back and hardly any helps if needed. So becareful what you spend on, doing some research may help to.

and there are many older games that are most troublesome to run and have no manual (pain with simulators), so Gog for older items is the only one with good support
Off topic here, I just poked around on Paradox's Forum on Hearts of Iron IV and see what going on over there as a guest, just saw a few users gotten banned. Was told you cant get banned over there and something isn't right over there. Some fans been over there for along time with many posts. Sorry to add this topic aaatoysandmore, just like to know what the hell is going on over there in Paradox's Forum. I know the moderator locked up my thread and probably a good idea before it get out of hands.
In my experience people get way too excited about some posts (I caught myself too) and they forget or ignore rules, which are rather clear to me. Then they tend to whine way too much. I'd hate to be mod there.
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Old RN lady Warspite
Hail Soojan
Rachel Pilsem! Rachel Pilsem is my friend on late of dark in picture with flashlight
under cover me loving me so much and Her! Somebody's mother lady then catch me!! Oh no!!
Rachel Pilsem is bad! Bad Rachel Pilsem for mother lady then hit on me for my head
with cricket bat!! 10 time like crazy panda!! Mr Wilkes bring police to pet shop.
Oh no!
bye

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Soojan

What could having been...

soojan

I wonder parusski wearied sexy boot mash up, all noble and feminine, when on Eastern Front. I think yes as a soldier good. Fun times! Bet him use cricket bat no crazy panda here for Stalin!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Together in kitchen dream thus: Parusski and Mr. Wilkes at pet shop!
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: danlongman

Sorry Warspite old lady. Meeting went late of time maximum then more.
I believe you was thinking of this!!:

xiaowenwen

Fashion girl Rachel Pilsem worn this fall's most popular shoes - Nike Air Jordan"! Choice of colors, brown and neutral colors such as boots worn by Rachel is unparalleled. Handsome, wild boots has become every autumn, the most popular one of the fashion items. Undone antiquity Martin boots loved the thick body of the shoe and retro colors, is the stylish choice for interpretation of the neutral style of street fashion shoes, how can you lack this swept across the globe shoes? Come to a pair of boots with the autumn of the United States and the United States! Cool state bandage Martin boots, filled with masculine, high-top models, long T-shirt as a dress with a ~ girls wear a boots to reveal the faint scent of a woman in the masculine, feminine personality. The fall of the new fashion of England winds buckle to take high-heeled Nike Basketball Shoes, handsome models, girls especially love high heels, temperament and noble. The belt buckle Nike Free Run tough shape, fashion women wear foot mashup, cool significantly the neutral range of children. And legs look very straight Oh, absolutely charm focus to attract a huge audience of casual fashion, exudes a sexy and rich holiday wind.

Lovely she was! Oh! Oh! Oh!
warspite1

Question to danlongmanman are you relate with xiaowenwen names same at end like join masculine and feminine parts to go. I like xiaowenwen it is my friend.

danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Old Sea War Witch from RN:
? If to have knowing xiaowenwen is to be danlongman then not here or then ever.
I like to join on female being of Rachel Pilsem in ultracosmic mashup with my eye!
When is Soojan return being? To us maybe! I pray now at Rachel Pilsem with my hand!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I like to join on female being of Rachel Pilsem in ultracosmic mashup with my eye!
When is Soojan return being? To us maybe! I pray now at Rachel Pilsem with my hand!
soojan

xiaowenwen has same name end as danlongmanman so marry and hand pray with Rachel Pilsem. Fun! If am hope xiaowenwen make sexy wind and not bad masculine wind like Chickenboy talk. I like sexy wind with trombone feel but harsh! Not when playing with mash up optional.

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

soojan

xiaowenwen has same name end as danlongmanman so marry and hand pray with Rachel Pilsem. Fun! If am hope xiaowenwen make sexy wind and not bad masculine wind like Chickenboy talk. I like sexy wind with trombone feel but harsh! Not when playing with mash up optional.
Warspite, your account has been hacked! [:D]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

soojan

Warspite, your account has been hacked! [:D]
warspite1

No - it's my good friend soojan. He uses my computer from time to time. He has assured me he's not a spambot so it's all good. I like soojan he is my friend.

ptolemy9

Post by ptolemy9 »

"So if it's in the running background when offline, so what?"

Obviously some of you don't care what runs in the the background on your computers. Makes you fair game.........for someone.
Steam loves people like you.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Also, I just discovered STEAM RECORDS your time played of a game offline. Even though it doesn't show it online. So, they are recording what you are doing offline without your permission. Never saw anything in the EULA that says they can record what you are doing offline.
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

Your one man crusade is impressive. Ridiculous, but impressive.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Also, I just discovered STEAM RECORDS your time played of a game offline. Even though it doesn't show it online. So, they are recording what you are doing offline without your permission. Never saw anything in the EULA that says they can record what you are doing offline.

I hope you do not have a Steam account, you must be hiding something! [8|]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

Much ado about nothing
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Why should I care if Steam records my time of game playing off line?

If I was really paranoid about it, I'd just shut the modem off, then delete everything steam from the drive. Then reinstall it.

But since I don't care or suffer from paranoia, I'm not going to bother
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

If only it would mow the lawn, wash the car, shovel the snow etc, then I could play more of those games they sell to me :)

They provide a service I rather like, you don't, so let me use it and you can not use it. I use them, and GOG Galaxy, and **shudder** Uplay for a couple and even EA's origin for 2 games. And I have all my Matrix titles too.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Ever see the Star Trek episode with the headphone brainwash equipment. I see you've all been wearing one. [:'(]
Orm

Post by Orm »

I am sad to see that so few object to the increased 'curiosity' by companies.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

Much like Facebook and social media if your computer is connected to the internet someone somewhere is recording it. Just like every security/traffic/ATM camera out there. Not saying it's right but to throw shade at steam for doing something that literally every other internet entity does is naive at best and hypocritical at worst.
You don't want to be recorded in some format move to northern Canada, live off the grid and eat squirrel.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: jamus34

Much like Facebook and social media if your computer is connected to the internet someone somewhere is recording it. Just like every security/traffic/ATM camera out there. Not saying it's right but to throw shade at steam for doing something that literally every other internet entity does is naive at best and hypocritical at worst.
You don't want to be recorded in some format move to northern Canada, live off the grid and eat squirrel.
I am sorry but I find this rude. [:(]

It might very well be true that you are recorded somewhere all the time. That is not the same as everyone recording you all the time. And definitely not a private company when you are in 'offline' mode!
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Discussion”