How to be a Better Armchair General

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

chee006

How to be a Better Armchair General

Post by chee006 »

Hi Wargamers!

I would like to share my latest article on becoming a better wargamer by applying some simple principles from the conventional military to our wargames.

Link: https://avidwargamer.com/how-to-be-a-be ... r-general/

Thanks and cheers!

Max
The Avid Wargamer
altipueri

Re: How to be a Better Armchair General

Post by altipueri »

Thanks for that - and the other articles on your site.

Incidentally, one of your commenters mentioned Campaigns on the Danube - there a forum for that here on Matrix - the game is enjoyable - see some of the AARs by Rasputitsa.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Looks like spam to me. Even though it is on topic, and hidden as a helpful message.

Edit: I mean the previous post, and has nothing against the original message. I rather liked to be informed about that article. Thank you.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Orm wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:13 pm Looks like spam to me. Even though it is on topic, and hidden as a helpful message.

Edit: I mean the previous post, and has nothing against the original message. I rather liked to be informed about that article. Thank you.
A) this is the only post that this poster has posted, so that smells a lot like a spammer

B) this post smells a lot like an AI generated message.

Conclusions, for sure B is true, A is possible and if A and B are true then the Spammer world has just increased 10 fold beyound.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

B is definitely true, I created this via an AI prompt:

Here are some tips on how to be a better Matrix Games War in the East 2 Axis player:
  1. Learn the game mechanics. War in the East 2 is a complex game with a lot of different rules and mechanics. It's important to take the time to learn how the game works before you start playing. The manual is a good place to start, but there are also plenty of online resources that can help you learn the game.
  2. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Axis forces. The Axis forces have a number of strengths, including a powerful air force, a well-trained army, and a large industrial base. However, they also have a number of weaknesses, including a lack of manpower, a shortage of fuel, and a long supply line. It's important to understand both the strengths and weaknesses of the Axis forces so that you can make the most of your advantages and minimize your disadvantages.
  3. Plan your operations carefully. War in the East 2 is a grand strategy game, so it's important to plan your operations carefully. You need to consider a number of factors, including the enemy's strengths and weaknesses, the terrain, and the availability of resources. Don't just wing it; take the time to plan your moves carefully.
  4. Be flexible and adaptable. Things don't always go according to plan in War in the East 2. The enemy will often surprise you, and you'll need to be able to adapt your plans accordingly. Don't get discouraged if things don't go your way; just keep trying and you'll eventually find a way to win.
  5. Have fun! War in the East 2 is a challenging game, but it's also a lot of fun. Don't take it too seriously; just relax and enjoy the game.

Here are some additional tips that may be helpful:

• Use the right tools. There are a number of tools available that can help you play War in the East 2. These tools can help you with things like planning your operations, managing your forces, and tracking the enemy's movements.
  • Get help from other players. There are a number of online forums and communities where you can get help from other players. These forums can be a great place to learn new strategies, get advice on how to improve your game, and find people to play against.
  • Don't give up. War in the East 2 is a difficult game, but it's also very rewarding. Don't give up if you lose a few games; just keep practicing and you'll eventually get better.

So A is probably true as well. And that is scary.
Last edited by Zovs on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Don't forget infiltration principles! (Think the German 1918 offensives).
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Return to “General Discussion”