Steel Tigers Progress?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Matt R

Re: Steel Tigers Progress?

Post by Matt R »

Zov, I know and love the Camo Workshop games, I've played them since I was a kid. The mujahideen flags in WinSPMBT were done by me, and I did a Civil War mod for WinSPWW2.

I'm specifically interested in the SP:WaW sequel here.
"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Zovs wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 pm Shrapnel has just released two new patches for SP MBT and SP WW2, the only versions of SP that has been in constant development since 1998 and the only version of the SP games that has been patched upgraded and works with Windows 10 and 11 using full HD monitor support.

SP WW2
https://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Work ... _page.html

SP MBT
Do they have sales from time to time?
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ncc1701e wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:14 pm
Zovs wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 pm Shrapnel has just released two new patches for SP MBT and SP WW2, the only versions of SP that has been in constant development since 1998 and the only version of the SP games that has been patched upgraded and works with Windows 10 and 11 using full HD monitor support.

SP WW2

SP MBT
Do they have sales from time to time?
Apparently they do:

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52933
Last edited by RangerJoe on Mon May 29, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

wwiiogre

Post by wwiiogre »

So what is the current status of Steel Tigers? Yes I just bought Shrapnel Games win 10 version of steel panthers and it is playable but quite clunky.

Chris
Have fun, it's a game
matt3916

Post by matt3916 »

Re Shrapnel sales.

There's one going on now through June 12.

However, their idea of a sale is $5 off the normal $39.99 price (and I've never seen it any lower than that).
budd

Post by budd »

wwiiogre wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:00 pm So what is the current status of Steel Tigers? Yes I just bought Shrapnel Games win 10 version of steel panthers and it is playable but quite clunky.

Chris
Last word was Steel Tigers is on hold, Gary's working on something else which they will reveal later. Think it was mentioned on their Tea time broadcast.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Lobster

Re: RE: Steel Tigers Progress?

Post by Lobster »

Kuokkanen wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:27 pm I counted game releases on Steam. Yesterday (Sunday) Steam got handful of new games available for sale (and number of "coming soon"). But day before (Saturday) there are 11 new games available for sale. I dare to claim less than half of those will have any DLC, and some may not even need it at all. Big fuss is made out of the small % of the games and great majority are ignored or otherwise overlooked. Just look at the turn based war games.
If you want to witness some of the junk being released just sign up for the Humble Bundle monthly game sub. The garbage they trot out is absolutely insane. You get maybe ten games and not one is worth the space on my harddrive.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

budd wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:01 am
Last word was Steel Tigers is on hold, Gary's working on something else which they will reveal later. Think it was mentioned on their Tea time broadcast.
Oh, Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided number 2 ? :D
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

matt3916 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:05 am Re Shrapnel sales.

There's one going on now through June 12.

However, their idea of a sale is $5 off the normal $39.99 price (and I've never seen it any lower than that).
Thanks, I'll pass on this one.
budd

Post by budd »

ncc1701e wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:39 pm
I was thinking the same thing, something similar to AWD.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

budd wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:55 pm
ncc1701e wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:39 pm
I was thinking the same thing, something similar to AWD.
That would be great. 8-)
mainsworthy

Post by mainsworthy »

all i want is original being compatible with new PCs, the forum has a modded version i think may work, but i want an official version, i would pay for it. they dont need a field of glory engine version.

the forum has a graphics update too, so they could work with them to get an update out. they are tinking to hard on a new game when they practicaly have the best pc wargame ever made

i think if a load of NEW scenarios were included with a modern update that would be great, id buy it
https://hiphopy.itch.io/

check when you can, I put diff stuff on now and then
flibby

Post by flibby »

I have just tried the SPWaW enhanced version after previously playing just SPWW2. I have to say that I prefer it.

I gave it a go after watching Erik's Twitch stream. He seems to have a real passion for SP which makes me think maybe the sequel will come out...
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

I remember after we were done working on SPWAW late 90's, David Heath was still the owner, we started on an early version of Steel Tigers, I was doing data entry for the units, had an early version of the editor for a long time, so it's been awhile!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Matt R

Post by Matt R »

Wow Mike, talk about a blast from the past! Great to know you're still around, old friend!
"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Matt R wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:01 pm Wow Mike, talk about a blast from the past! Great to know you're still around, old friend!
Hey man, how's it going??!! Still around, just wrapped up in Squad Battles big time these last couple years, how about you?!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
flibby

Post by flibby »

Warhorse wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:29 pm I remember after we were done working on SPWAW late 90's, David Heath was still the owner, we started on an early version of Steel Tigers, I was doing data entry for the units, had an early version of the editor for a long time, so it's been awhile!!
I didn't know you were involved in SPWAW. Small world!
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

flibby wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 pm
Warhorse wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:29 pm I remember after we were done working on SPWAW late 90's, David Heath was still the owner, we started on an early version of Steel Tigers, I was doing data entry for the units, had an early version of the editor for a long time, so it's been awhile!!
I didn't know you were involved in SPWAW. Small world!
Yes, oob's and graphics!! Good times!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
monjoie

Post by monjoie »

flibby wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:12 pm I have just tried the SPWaW enhanced version after previously playing just SPWW2. I have to say that I prefer it.
totally agree
zero latency for the program and more lethality for infantry in the game
Major_Mess

Post by Major_Mess »

monjoie wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:58 am
flibby wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:12 pm I have just tried the SPWaW enhanced version after previously playing just SPWW2. I have to say that I prefer it.
totally agree
zero latency for the program and more lethality for infantry in the game
If y'all like that, you might be interested in a mod that i'm developing.
Less arcade, more real .... that's my aim!.
Movement penalties are stricter, infantry gives and receives (IMO at least) much more realistic results in combat. A sliding speed adjustment for all vehicles, to stop the units scooting across the whole map.
Lotsa not-so CAS aircraft removed, which allows room to bring Units back to their OOB.
Many weight adjustments on many things. You have to provide transport now, no humping heavy wpns cross country.
Many tweaks to increase difficulty.
This is mostly an experiment for a PBEM environment, but we have a good two dozen scenarios already adapted that play out just fine.

This is a WIP.

I'm having my own fun now, but if you're interested I can bundle up what I have.

Cheers
Major Mess

PS: FWIW, I agree with all of you. That other version - that I shall not name - is so terribly clunky and feels awkward. It plays like what I would imagine an early eighties East German developed game would be like.
Click below. You know you want to!!

Return to “General Discussion”