Strategic Command: World War I - Empires in Turmoil is out now

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

NotTooBad

Strategic Command: World War I - Empires in Turmoil is out now

Post by NotTooBad »

Strategic Command: World War I - Empires in Turmoil, comprises seven campaigns, including some of those most frequently requested by our gaming community, Empires in Turmoil expands Strategic Command: World War I to include some of the most momentous battles of the 20th century’s turbulent second decade. With battlefields stretching from Siberia to East Africa, the fate of empires is in your hands.

You can download the update here.

This DLC contains:
  • Seven new campaigns, including the First and Second Balkan Wars, the Russian Civil War and WWI’s German East Africa Campaign.
  • New unit types including German Freikorps, African ‘Askaris’ and the famed Graf von Goetzen steamer.
  • New events including the Albanian independence movement, Allied and possible German intervention in the Russian Civil War, and an all-new victory condition making the destruction of the enemy army, as opposed to the capture of territory, the sole determinant of victory.
Don't miss the opportunity to take advantage of the release offer to complete your Strategic Command collection, grab your copy of the base game now with a 60% discount for a few days.
CaesarAug

Re: Strategic Command: World War I - Empires in Turmoil is out now

Post by CaesarAug »

Great! But In certain scenarios, like in 1916 The Big Push and in 1919 Shadow of the Tsars, I'm getting a crash error. Possibly affects other scenarios, but these two for sure. In Matrix installation as well as in Steam. Crash ERROR message reads:

FAILED(draw_sprite_on_map_surface): Segmentation violation
prodover

Post by prodover »

With apologies if this has already been asked and answered. I have Strategic Command Classic WWI will the new DLC work with it? Thanks!
CaesarAug

Post by CaesarAug »

BillRunacre wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:57 pm I've replied in this thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 0#p5134620
[Replying here, too] Yes! That was it! I disabled certain graphic mods being used in World War I campaigns. Scenarios seem to work ok now. Thank you, Mr. Runacre!
CaesarAug

Post by CaesarAug »

prodover wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:54 pm With apologies if this has already been asked and answered. I have Strategic Command Classic WWI will the new DLC work with it? Thanks!
No, this DLC requires the newer Strategic Command World War I (the 3rd generation of SC games).
FOARP

Post by FOARP »

Purchased. Hopefully i can get into this game again after a long hiatus - I'd still like to finish that mod!
American Front: a Work-in-progress CSA v USA Turtledove mod for SC:WW1 can be seen here.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Is this to be covered under Matrix's next Winter/Holiday sale?

Does anyone know if and when that sale commences?

Thanks.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

I would guess not as there is 60% Steam Publisher Sale on the base now, but nothing on this DLC. So, no point waiting for a Maxtrix Winter sale.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”