Strategic Command: American Civil War – Wars in the Americas is out now.

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

NotTooBad

Post by NotTooBad »

For the first time in the history of the series we are proud to announce the release of the first DLC for Strategic Command.

Strategic Command: Wars in the Americas gives you the opportunity to fight five new campaigns covering some of the greatest conflicts of the mid/late 19th century. Including battlefields ranging from the deserts of Peru to the jungles of Cuba, these campaigns will provide countless hours of entertainment while challenging your strategic skills to the utmost!

This DLC contains five major wars, new unit types, new historical leaders, new events and so much more.
Don’t miss out: Strategic Command: American Civil War will be at a discount of 10% off for a few days, but this offer won’t last. Grab your copy now to take advantage of this release offer.
Bevington

Re: Strategic Command: American Civil War – Wars in the Americas is out now.

Post by Bevington »

I am really enjoying this DLC. And I am hopeful there will be other DLCs involving other wars of empire, such as the Anglo-Boer War and Anglo-Zulu War. In the Mexican-American War scenario, is there any chance you may expand the scenario to include Fremont's Conquest of Mexico as a playable segment, and not just include it as an off map event? Again, congrats on a terrific DLC.
ADFoote
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Bevington wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:27 pm In the Mexican-American War scenario, is there any chance you may expand the scenario to include Fremont's Conquest of Mexico as a playable segment, and not just include it as an off map event?
G'day,
This isn't something I was planning on adding officially. I did consider it when designing the campaign, however it works out to be about another 70 columns of hexes (that is, about half again the width of the current 1846 map), to cover an area very far from the action and one where Mexico doesn't have any practical way of reinforcing (New Mexico is already very difficult for Mexico to reclaim once Santa Fe falls, and California is so much further away from any Mexican spawn points than NM is). I'm fairly confident that if I did add California it would just be a huge area of empty space as far as gameplay is concerned, that doesn't really add anything to the game. Given the Mexican garrison there was negligible (too small for a regiment unit TBH), you're really not missing out on much.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
neptendus

Post by neptendus »

hello,
The americas DLC is a marvel that enhances the gaming experience.
Its beauty is showcased through breathtaking new landscapes, engaging quests, and captivating characters. Every moment is elevated by stunning graphics, transporting players into an enchanting universe.
Every corner of this new territory unveils meticulous artistic details, a testament to the developers' talent. The campaign DLC offers a true immersion in a virtual beauty that never ceases to amaze us.
Roll your dice online!!(Lancez vos dés en ligne): https://fr.fox-app.com/aleatoire/de-en-ligne.html

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”