Nuclear War Simulator - Out 02/02/2023

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Edmon

Nuclear War Simulator - Out 02/02/2023

Post by Edmon »

"A nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought." - Geneva 1985

Nuclear War Simulator is a detailed realistic simulation and visualization of large-scale nuclear conflicts with a focus on humanitarian consequences. There are currently over 13000 nuclear weapons on this planet of which over 9000 are in military stockpiles. This software should help you answer the questions: what will happen if Russia and the United States or India and Pakistan use their arsenals? What will happen to the population of a country in a nuclear war? What will happen to me and my family?

You can design warheads, missiles, and carriers, place them on the map and execute attack plans to tell a credible story about how nuclear conflicts play out and what the consequences are. Using a high-resolution population density map and realistic weapons effects like blast, heat, and radiation you can make an estimate of how many people will die in a conflict. Individual humans can be placed on the map, travel, and take shelter to analyze the effects and estimate injuries and survival probability.

Nuclear War Simulator will be out next Thursday, February 2nd.
Wishlist it now: http://bit.ly/3DglUse
Slitherine Games - Community Manager - Italian Office

Any questions, concerns or comments about our Community Forums or Games? You are always welcome to drop me a PM.
robstuff36054

Re: Nuclear War Simulator - Out 02/02/2023

Post by robstuff36054 »

Today (2/2/23) is release date, so when does this go live? News says "Out now" but product page says "Coming soon"
SWHodges22

Post by SWHodges22 »

Is there a manual anywhere?
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

I don't mean to be a stickler for realism, but I am only buying it if it has weather balloons which can be used to terrorize civilian populations.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
Radamanthe

Post by Radamanthe »

I don't want to damage your business, but FYI, this is not the "first ever simulation of large-scale nuclear conflicts" (as stated in the video). DEFCON was released in 2006 and did just that, though inspired from cold war and revolving around the five DEFCON states of alert of the USA regarding nuclear warfare. Probably not as detailed, still as fun as sad in the end.

Now, well... this is a niche genre, for sure ;)

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”