Command: Modern Operations - War Planner is available now

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

ultradave

Re: Command: Modern Operations - War Planner is available now

Post by ultradave »

Go to Matrix web site, then My Page.. Find the CMO base game and click File Downloads. There are two large (~ 6-7GB) downloads. Download them both. Move the contents of the second into the first. Run the installer that's in the first. When it says you need to uninstall the incompatible version of CMO first, click the uninstall button on that window.

Dave
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
AQOne

Post by AQOne »

Thank you Dave, that worked. I wish the update instructions had been explicitly stated in the original post.
Ollsbols

Post by Ollsbols »

Has anyone managed to update using the Check for Updates function on the splash screen. It tells me I am on the latest version. But I am not.
KLAB

Post by KLAB »

AQOne wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:09 am For the life of me I cannot update past v1.04.114751. How do you obtain this v1.05 version? I'm using the standalone game and DLCs not Steam. I've used the link to the multi-dlc updater
***For emphasis before upgrading BACK UP ALL YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS as the process unistalls the lot, and have Serial numbers to hand****
Download parts 1 and 2 and the latest DLC downloader from the above linked page.
Run the installer and it. WILL ask to DELETE CMO and all folder content. Click yes and wait while it unistalls.
Once unistalled CMO will. NOT run until you use the DLC installer and reinstall the master game from scratch so have your serial numbers to hand.
Once done you will have v1. 05 i.e 1307 installed.
Quirks are that many of the DLC you had will be available again straight away others may not be but just run the DLC installation again with your serial number to acrivate anything missing.
Kashmir fire Falklands and Silent service just needed serial numbers in my case but all the other DLC were ready.
Not sure if it would have saved my scenarios but better safe than sorry or doing a reboot.
K
rloseby

Post by rloseby »

Great update, where are the new training videos located? ALso is there an update to the manual to read up on the new tools?
Rob
biednychlop

Post by biednychlop »

It's a great update, it's very practical and improves the gameplay a lot. It may not be the best update ever, but it's great.

Post by prodover »

Updated just fine, Silent Service wasn't locked, and I I accessed the STEAM Workshop community scenarios no problem. Here's the question I now have duplicates of scenarios in my community scenarios tab. Are they the old scenario and a version of the new, updated one? How do I tell? Should I uninstall then reinstall (bleah)? Does it even matter, i.e., game play, performance, etc.? Thanks for an excellent game experience!

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”