Command: Modern Operations - Falklands Out Now

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

Forty years ago this year, the United Kingdom and Argentina went to war over the possession of the Falkland Islands, off the coast of South America.

On April 2nd 1982, Argentine forces mounted amphibious landings (known as Operation Rosario) on the Falkland Islands. The invasion started with the landing of the Amphibious Commandos group, who attacked the empty Moody Brook barracks and then moved on Government House in Stanley. The assault was met with a fierce but brief defence by the local detachment of the Royal Marines. When the 2nd Marine Infantry Battalion (with Assault Amphibious Vehicles) arrived, the governor ordered a cease fire and surrendered.

In Command Falklands, you will relive some of these epic battles by commanding both British and Argentinian forces in thirteen scenarios designed by a Falklands War veteran.  The game also includes two bonus scenarios including units not present or available during this war.

Air, surface, and underwater combat; lead your forces to victory in a multi-faceted campaign that will immerse you in one of the most controversial conflicts of the twentieth century.

Features:
-13 Scenarios plus 2 Bonus Scenarios including units not present or available during the war.
-Scenarios designed by a Falklands War Veteran.
-Management actual and previously taken out of service units. 
-Air, surface and underwater combat.
-Guide your Forces to victory in a multi-sided campaign.
-Don't miss the Command Falklands live stream with XTRG today on our twitch channel at 6.30pm (UK Time)

Command Falklands Out Now
https://www.matrixgames.com/game/comman ... -falklands

Command Falklands Video 2 mins
https://youtu.be/LYRQteKWDGw
Swant

Re: Command: Modern Operations - Falklands Out Now

Post by Swant »

Installed it with 1297.1 but I can't find it when I open CMO
In the setup exe, Falklands is activated
JDLgnd

Post by JDLgnd »

Thanks for the DLC. :D
Boppel2001

Post by Boppel2001 »

I have bought Falkland but it will not install?
I have CMO 1297.1
Swant

Post by Swant »

There is a new 1297. I installed it and now Falklands works
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

I've got it and it looks great!

I've made a thread in the official Falklands subforum, but I thought I would repeat it here:

The Briefing for Operation Mikado is missing, the one that's there is a copy of the briefing for The Empire Strikes Back.
Blast33

Post by Blast33 »

In my humble opinion 19.50 euros for a DLC is too much
bobscr

Post by bobscr »

I purchased this campaign, but I have to agree that $20 is too much for a small group of scenarios. I bought this to support the franchise, but it will be my last purchase if prices remain this high. I own all of the Command Live and other downloads. Most cost me $10 or so. Unless the action is interesting and accurate, at this price it will be my last purchase in this game.
Panzerldr

Post by Panzerldr »

Hello All,
Purchased and installed. Command now hangs at startup. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Andreas Elesky
bsmithwins

Post by bsmithwins »

As far as the price goes, for ~10 scenarios that I'm going to play for what's likely to amount to a few hundred hours $20 isn't bad.

I've paid more for two movie tickets & snacks and the movie doesn't come with an editor that let's me change the characters around to see what happens.

BSW
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Bought and installed Falklands DLC. Downloaded and installed Build 1297.1 again but the DLC still won't install without wrecking poor Tiny and installing V04 build 11475.1, which will kill Tiny and bork my scenarios under construction. Older versions of the MultiDLC executable fail to locate the new DLC.

I suppose that I could install the "official v04" and then activate the DLC and then re-install Tiny and then install 1297.1 again but this seems tiresome given the hefty price tag on the DLC.

Some guidance to keep both Tiny and the DLC without jumping through hoops would be nice. Thanks in advance.

-C
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

For me the price for the DLC is fine. You know exactly what your getting when you read the product page. If you like the content than you buy it. The Falklands war is the bread and butter of modern naval warfare.
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Randomizer wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:55 am Bought and installed Falklands DLC. Downloaded and installed Build 1297.1 again but the DLC still won't install without wrecking poor Tiny and installing V04 build 11475.1, which will kill Tiny and bork my scenarios under construction. Older versions of the MultiDLC executable fail to locate the new DLC.

I suppose that I could install the "official v04" and then activate the DLC and then re-install Tiny and then install 1297.1 again but this seems tiresome given the hefty price tag on the DLC.

Some guidance to keep both Tiny and the DLC without jumping through hoops would be nice. Thanks in advance.

-C
That is exactly what I did, and then just as I was finishing copying in the 1297.1 beta they posted a new 1297.1 that had the DLC in it. Oh, well. :D
Dave
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
terry1040

Post by terry1040 »

Panzerldr wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:46 pm Hello All,
Purchased and installed. Command now hangs at startup. Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks
Andreas Elesky
Same here. Get stuck with the opening video. All worked fine before the patch.
Help!

[Update]
This is most likely related to me having the Tiny-Update pre-installed. :lol:
Maybe somebody could post some instructions what it takes to properly install the Falklands along with the Tiny-Update version.
I now get it launched, but the Falklands-DLC Serial number is not valid anymore.

Cheers
Terry1040
Panzerldr

Post by Panzerldr »

Hello Terry,
I had to reinstall TINY and the 1297.1 update again and everything started working once again.

Respectfully,
Andreas Elesky
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

I installed:

* The update from the Matrix site when I bought the Falklands DLC (scroll down the page for the link) and licensed Falklands during installation.
* Tiny update
* 1297.1 Update

This takes some time to install but worked.

After that everything works just fine. Not saying that's the only way and it sounds like now the 1297.1 update will have Falklands and be able to license it. That came too late for me as I already started the path above.

Dave
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
terry1040

Post by terry1040 »

@Panzerldr
@ultradave
Thank you both very much for your support.
That worked and I am now enjoying CMO Falklands and V1.5 as we speak. :-)
Cheers
Terry
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

I appreciate historical scenarios.
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
rmwilsonjr

Post by rmwilsonjr »

What terry1040 said, +1.
Richard
Hotwidger

Post by Hotwidger »

Hi All,

I have downloaded and have the license key. Was never prompted to input the key when I loaded the DLC. Now says I have a non-licensed product. How can I retrospectively input the key to get the DLC working?

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”