War in the East 2 – Steel Inferno Out now

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

It's time to expand the front.
Steel Inferno is the first expansion for the award-winning monster wargame War in the East 2. 

This content-packed DLC includes all of the Operations in Yugoslavia in 1944, the appearance of Finnish forces in the area North of Leningrad, the attack in the Caucasus, and a wealth of hypothetical scenarios.

Furthermore, the Drama on the Danube scenario places the German players in the difficult position of trying to deal with the surrender of Romania and Bulgaria and the difficulties of the German forces in Greece trying to escape North through the partisan-controlled territory.

Also included are two new full map campaigns, which begin with the German Operation Citadel in July 1943 and about a month before the Soviet Operation Bagration in May 1944.

Campaigns:

-1943 Campaign - 3 Jul 43 - 6 Jul 45 -- A full Campaign starting out with the German Operation
Citadel, the largest tank battle in history.
-1944 Campaign - 11 May 44 - 4 Jul 45 -- A full Campaign that begins with the Soviets readying for
the start of their massive Summer 1944 offensives.

Scenarios:

-Road to Karelia - 22 Jun 41 - 11 Oct 41
-Army Group A - Part I - Race for the Caucasus - 25 Jul 42 - 20 Nov 42
-Case Blue Phase II 42-43 - 25 Jul 42 - 5 Mar 43
-Case Blue Phase II 43-43 - Alternate - 25 Jul 42 - 5 Mar 43
-Army Group A - Part II - Kuban Bridgehead - 1 Feb 43 - 10 October 43
-AG C - Kutuzov to Bagration 43-44 - 12 Jul 43 - 2 Apr 44
-Western Ukraine 43-44 - 3 Nov 43 - 25 Apr 44

"The shipment of physical copies will be delayed until November 24th"

War in the east 2 – Steel Inferno | Video
War in the east 2 – Steel Inferno Out now
alexrain

Re: War in the East 2 – Steel Inferno Out now

Post by alexrain »

Hi,

Please be informed that the Finnish Front can ONLY be played in a small scenario, the Grand Campaign got NO update.

@Matrixgames: I had here a different impression so a scenarioupdate would be terrific!

Many thanks!
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

There' no plan to open Finland in campaigns, it just does not work with the AI. There is a Finland campaign made by a modder: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 0&t=380058 but that's not suitable vs AI
Light4bettor

Post by Light4bettor »

Can anyone clarify what exactly is included in the 10 dollar extra option for Steel. Like what I'm asking is if I don't opt to spend the xtra 10 bucks, then what don't I get. Thanks.
Haspen

Post by Haspen »

Hi!
And thank you for this great game! I agree, not including the Finns in the 1941 grand campaign (and the attack on Murmansk "Operation Silver Fox") is a small regret for me. But I bought Steel Inferno for the support and for the interesting scenarios in Yugoslavia and Balkans!
Thank you for all :)

My next hope: to put War in the west at the level of the Steel Inferno (without even mentioning the absolute dream: to merge everything for an European war 1939-1945!)

(Sorry for my english, I'am french :))
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Light4bettor wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:09 pm Can anyone clarify what exactly is included in the 10 dollar extra option for Steel. Like what I'm asking is if I don't opt to spend the xtra 10 bucks, then what don't I get. Thanks.
A printed customized for you order DVD in a DVD case with a color inlay for WITE2 Steel Inferno. It's for those who would like a physical copy for their shelf. The files on the DVD are the same as for the download version.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”