Strategic Command WWII: World at War - Home of Wargamers Tournament

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

tebaf3

Strategic Command WWII: World at War - Home of Wargamers Tournament

Post by tebaf3 »

A new official tournament for Strategic Command WWII: World at War is about to begin. Take on other players and play both sides to see who will come out on top in three maps. Every map will cover one round, each lasting six weeks. The Strategic Command WWII: World at War - Home of Wargamers Tournament will start on October 23rd at 01:00pm GMT.

- 1939 - World at War: Challenge your opponent from the very beginning of the greatest war the world has ever seen.
- 1942 - Axis High Tide: Germany prepares to advance on Stalingrad while Japan pushes for Midway.
- 1943 - Allies Turn the Tide: Play for ultimate victory as the Allies close in on defending Axis forces.

If you’re not familiar with Slitherine’s PBEM system, here’s how it works: the system will pair you with opponents and create your PBEM games for you automatically. You will be notified by mail of when the tournament is starting and when it is time to play your turns. The tournament follows the Swiss Tournament rules.

Sign up for the Home of Wargamers Tournament to test your skills and climb the leaderboard! All you need to do is own the game and opt in here.

Have fun!
reuseme

Re: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - Home of Wargamers Tournament

Post by reuseme »

tebaf3 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:41 pm A new official tournament for Strategic Command WWII: World at War is about to begin. Take on other players and play both sides to see who will come out on top in three maps. Every map will cover one round, each lasting six weeks. The Strategic Command WWII: World at War - Home of Wargamers Tournament will start on October 23rd at 01:00pm GMT.

- 1939 - World at War: Challenge your opponent from the very beginning of the greatest war the world has ever seen.
- 1942 - Axis High Tide: Germany prepares to advance on Stalingrad while Japan pushes for Midway.
- 1943 - Allies Turn the Tide: Play for ultimate victory as the Allies close in on defending Axis forces.

If you’re not familiar with Slitherine’s PBEM system, here’s how it works: the system will pair you with opponents and create your PBEM games for you automatically. You will be notified by mail of when the tournament is starting and when it is time to play your turns. The tournament follows the Swiss Tournament rules.

Sign up for the Home of Wargamers Tournament to test your skills and climb the leaderboard! All you need to do is own the game and opt in here.

Have fun!
Thank you.
Wahhim

Post by Wahhim »

As there are still a few days before the start, I've got just a couple of questions to make matters completely clear:
1) Does the 1st round begin with the 1939 campaign?
2) Will any of the commonly agreed upon house rules (like the ELO ruleset) be applied?

Thanks!
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Wahhim wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:46 pm As there are still a few days before the start, I've got just a couple of questions to make matters completely clear:
1) Does the 1st round begin with the 1939 campaign?
2) Will any of the commonly agreed upon house rules (like the ELO ruleset) be applied?

Thanks!
Hi

The 1943 campaign will be the first one, and it uses Slitherine's tournament rules, not the ELO ruleset.

Good luck!
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Just to add a note on the point system which will be as follows:

1) Victory Conditions - Map situation is in effect right from the get go, e.g. current victory conditions are weighed into the score, and of course victory conditions change from the start of the campaign to the finish.

CAMPAIGN SCORING (VICTORY CONDITIONS)
100 DECISIVE
80 MAJOR
70 MINOR
60 TACTICAL
50 STALEMATE

2) Kills Ratio - The strength point losses in MPPs you inflict on your opponent relative to the strength point losses in MPPs he inflicts upon you.

3) National Morale Ratio - National Morale of all your major nations on your side, including those that have surrendered (those that have surrendered will have 0 NM applied to the formula) relative to 100% will factor in to the score

4) MPP Growth - Current total MPPs relative to your at start home MPPs for all major nations on your side will factor into the score as well, e.g. if you are expanding and your opponent is contracting, you are doing better with this factor than he will be etc.

The major portion is the current victory conditions, e.g. item 1), while items 2) to 4) will push that score a bit higher or lower depending on how you are doing.

Scores are relative to 100 points, and if you are in a DECISIVE VICTORY position which equals 100 Victory points, then you can certainly push higher than 100 points if you are also doing very well in the other categories, or push a bit lower if you did not do so well and paid a heavy toll to get there. Doing well also generally means your score is pushed higher while your opponents score is pushed lower, and vice versa.
Jackmck

Post by Jackmck »

My opponent hasn't played any turns at all yet- would it be possible to be paired up with someone else?
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

In the event that they don't play any turns, you will receive 75 points per game and they will be booted from the next round.

I'm afraid that I don't think it's possible to re-jig opponents.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I would like to be completely pulled from the tournament. You can see this thread as to why https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 5#p5048655

I just wanted everyone to know so they would not be waiting on me for turns.
Birdw

Post by Birdw »

What happens, or how are points scored when your opponent just disappears? I believe we played four or so turns and nothing now for 13 days. The same thing happened in my last tournament when I started to get the better of my opponent. I understand vacations and people getting sick and real life and such, but how do you reach out to your opponent? I was unable to find them in the Forums by their name.
Birdman

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

In this case the server will automatically take into account the number of turns played and make a proper decision on whether to assign you your given score while heavily penalizing your opponent, OR to assign you the BYE score of 75 for each of your games, while giving your opponent a score of zero.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”