Important information about the Scourge of War Series

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

NotTooBad

Important information about the Scourge of War Series

Post by NotTooBad »

From September 1st, we will be delisting all the Scourge of War games from our sites and all other 3rd party sites. The games will no longer be available for purchase, and we will consequently stop all support and assistance.

You have one week to add the titles to your libraries. Once bought, the games will remain in your libraries, and you will still be able to recover purchased games from download links. Steam keys will no longer work to redeem the product, so make sure you download your copy on Steam before the end of this month.

Here’s a full list of games that will be going off sale from September 1st:

Redeemable on Steam

Scourge of War Waterloo

Scourge of War Waterloo Collector’s Edition

Scourge of War Wavre

Scourge of War Ligny

Scourge of War Quatre Bras

Non redeemable on Steam

Scourge of War Gettysburg

Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection

Scourge of War Chancellorsville

Scourge of War Brandy Station

Scourge of War Antietam

Scourge of War Pipe Creek
Philippeatbay

Re: Important information about the Scourge of War Series

Post by Philippeatbay »

Not sure that I understand what this means in practical terms.

I own all of the games through Matrix, the Waterloo and the ACW games.

I have used the Steam keys for the Waterloo games, so Steam recognizes me as owning those games.

If I take no further action, what will happen after September 1 ?

I own all of these games, but none of them are currently installed because my computer is bloated with programs.

After September 1, will I still be able to download the ACW games from Matrix ?

After September 1, will I still be able to download the Waterloo games from Matrix ?

After September 1, will I still be able to download the Waterloo games from Steam ?

What about the updates to all of these games ? Each of these games has several updates. Will I have to keep a folder on my computer with the downloaded updates, and will the updates still work after September 1 ?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Philippeatbay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:05 pm
I own all of the games through Matrix, the Waterloo and the ACW games.

I have used the Steam keys for the Waterloo games, so Steam recognizes me as owning those games.

If I take no further action, what will happen after September 1 ?
No further action is needed. You can download the game anytime you want.

Philippeatbay wrote: After September 1, will I still be able to download the ACW games from Matrix ?
Yes.

Philippeatbay wrote: After September 1, will I still be able to download the Waterloo games from Matrix ?
Yes.
Philippeatbay wrote: After September 1, will I still be able to download the Waterloo games from Steam ?
Yes.
Philippeatbay wrote: What about the updates to all of these games ? Each of these games has several updates. Will I have to keep a folder on my computer with the downloaded updates, and will the updates still work after September 1 ?
The updates will work after September and they will be available for download in our site.
Regarding the Steam version of Waterloo, you don't need to update the game. The game when installed by the Steam client, will always contain the last update.
DarthRobocop

Post by DarthRobocop »

Is there any information as to why the game is not being carried anymore?
Genosse

Post by Genosse »

Here's my situation:

I have the Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection purchased on Matrix. I have the Waterloo Collector's Edition ONLY on Steam.

Two clarifications: Does the Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection include ALL American Civil War Scourge of War content: Antietam, Chancellorsville, Pipe Creek, Brandy Station? I want to make sure I don't need to get anything else to complete my ACW collection.

Second, is it OK that my Napoleonic content is not registered in my Matrix collection? Will it continue to function normally on Steam after September 1st?

Thank You and I'm sorry to hear about the change.
Genosse

Post by Genosse »

Genosse wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:37 pm Here's my situation:

I have the Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection purchased on Matrix. I have the Waterloo Collector's Edition ONLY on Steam...
A little disappointed that my above post was not answered given the short amount of time left to purchase the games!

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”