Strategic Command: American Civil War Announced

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

For the first time in the series’ history, Strategic Command will be taking you to the 19th century battlefields of the American Civil War. In this turn-based strategy game, you will control the armies, research, production and diplomatic policy of either the Union or the Confederacy during a time of great innovation and dramatic battles.

Strategic Command: American Civil War is coming soon with a massive 296 x 224 map, covering all of North America from Canada and New Mexico to the Caribbean at a 15km/9mi scale.

This is the largest hex-based map ever offered by the Strategic Command series, 6 campaigns covering the Civil War from first shot to last, new unit types, new technologies, riverine warfare, historical event popups, PBEM++ and much more, check out the product page for full details here https://www.matrixgames.com/game/strate ... -civil-war

Strategic Command: American Civil War coming soon and also is looking for beta testers.

APPLY HERE https://www.matrixgames.com/beta
sPzAbt653

Re: Strategic Command: American Civil War Announced

Post by sPzAbt653 »

WooHoo! Congratulations on this wonderful addition to gaming!!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Superb news now just need to wait on game release. :D
Make it so!
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

Awesome news. Map looks luscious!
Btw..looking at the maps..I see it goes New Mexico way. Battle of Glorieta Pass. Been there...its right off I-25 and took place in a heavily wooded gap in rugged terrain. Also...since the Unorganized Indian Territories (Oklahoma) must be featured, I bet the Native American leader Stand Watie may be involved! Can't wait. o7
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Napoleonic next please! Just Europe and North Africa/Middle East would be fine (i.e. same scope as War in Europe).
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I hope the victory conditions are set up so as to encourage playing to the end.

I really don't want to see a repeat situation wherein Confederate players resign once it becomes evident that they can't win the war, like Axis players do in WiE.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
MemoryLeak

Post by MemoryLeak »

will there be unit stacking?
If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973
Unfortunate Son

Post by Unfortunate Son »

Very cool!!! :D

Would like to beta test this but I need to complete the SC-WAW and SC-WIE counters. :roll:

I concur with Oxfordguy3, Napoleonic would be a nice addition to the series of SC games.
MarkMG

Post by MarkMG »

I observed the Union flag displayed in the George Custer photo. Please note the Union stars/blue field should be displayed at the observer's top left. Just a minor tweak if you are so inclined. Looking forward to the game. Thanks!

US Flag Code:
"When displaying the flag against a wall, vertically or horizontally, the flag's union (stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and to the observer's left."
MarkMG

Post by MarkMG »

I observed the Union flag displayed in the George Custer photo. Please note the Union stars/blue field should be displayed at the observer's top left. Just a minor tweak if you are so inclined. Looking forward to the game. Thanks!

US Flag Code:
"When displaying the flag against a wall, vertically or horizontally, the flag's union (stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and to the observer's left."
Wassmuss

Post by Wassmuss »

Looking for it! I am hyped!
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Brilliant!! Thank you for covering the whole theater the map looks amazing!! This will fill an ACW turn based hex based civil war gaming itch missing since Civil War Generals 2 in 1997! We have all been clamoring for this and it fits the SC series so well! So excited for this! Thank you!!
Duedman

Post by Duedman »

Looks great. I'm gonna try it for sure.
Will be my first Civil War game since.... North & South :D

I just very much hope they will add an option to choose which HQ boost whom
The Land

Post by The Land »

MemoryLeak wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:41 pm will there be unit stacking?
As it's not been mentioned, and implementing stacking would mean a very big rewrite of the game engine, I think it's safe to assume not... if it was happening it'd definitely be talked about!
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
Sieben

Post by Sieben »

No stacking? With 9 mile hexes? The whole battle of Gettysburg was fought in less space than that. There will have to be some way of assembling large armies in a single hex. Civil War armies did not fight as separate divisions lined up along a tenuous "front" scores of miles long as shown in the posted screenshots of the game.

That said, I am very enthusiastic about the prospect of an historically realistic Civil War strategic/operational computer game. I've been looking for one as long as I've had a PC (Apple II, 1978) and still have not found it.
I support the Averasboro Battlefield Commission
Preserving the Past for the Future
Willard

Post by Willard »

Sieben wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:15 pm No stacking? With 9 mile hexes? The whole battle of Gettysburg was fought in less space than that. There will have to be some way of assembling large armies in a single hex. Civil War armies did not fight as separate divisions lined up along a tenuous "front" scores of miles long as shown in the posted screenshots of the game.
Not sure how this game is going to function at that scale. Love the SC games, but if it plays like WIE or WWI, then this is a big miss given the topic.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

I don't want to undermine this excellent project (and I'll certainly play it), but if you never found a TBS strategy game based on the CW, then you missed AGEOD ACW2!
It's on sale at Matrix and AGEOD, obviously :mrgreen:
AGEOD Team
The Land

Post by The Land »

Sieben wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:15 pm No stacking? With 9 mile hexes? The whole battle of Gettysburg was fought in less space than that. There will have to be some way of assembling large armies in a single hex. Civil War armies did not fight as separate divisions lined up along a tenuous "front" scores of miles long as shown in the posted screenshots of the game.
I don't think it's any worse than having the Battle of Stalingrad fought with 30-mile hexes...
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
eriador08

Post by eriador08 »

No need to say more, i will buy! Thank you for keeping SC alive for so many years. I played every title, clearly some more and some less, but in the end it was alway worth it. I love that you try something new and a SC Civil War was on my wish list for years.

I do not mind no stacking and if the scale of battles is off. It is the right mix of playability, complexity and a nice historic setting that always gets me hooked (in a positive sense). After a long day at work I want to enjoy one or two turns against some guys online or test something against the AI and just have fun. This was always the case for months or even years with every title. I am sure this one will be great too.
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Will the MP (PBEM) game be balanced? I haven't played a Civil War game in a while but historically the North had a far superior economy & military (size not leadership). The South really had minimal chance of winning and did about as good as they could.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”