Strategic Command: American Civil War Announced

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Hdiserens

Re: Strategic Command: American Civil War Announced

Post by Hdiserens »

Patrat wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:18 am Did you try logging into the beta forums as I suggested above?
I did, however it said that I did not have access to them.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hdiserens wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:09 am
Patrat wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:18 am Did you try logging into the beta forums as I suggested above?
Unless you have more than one account and were logged in with the wrong one, I would suggest contacting Matrix support to see if they can help:

https://www.matrixgames.com/contacts
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Hdiserens

Post by Hdiserens »

BillRunacre wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 am
Unless you have more than one account and were logged in with the wrong one, I would suggest contacting Matrix support to see if they can help:

I only have this account and contacted support, however they said that they could not help with anything pertaining to beta and to post on the forms. I think the largest problem is I am unable to access the beta forums.
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

Hi Bill.
Tanaka got accepted into the second wave of Beta, has a game key, and is blocked from the Beta page also. Mind you he's been with Matrix since 2003.
I told him to contact Matrix support also and seems he's been stymied so far.
He's one of my MP sparring and testing partners, especially with SC.
Just thought to let you know this problem has occured with him also in addition to a few others it seems with the second wave of Beta tests and trying to gain access therein.
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
Hdiserens

Post by Hdiserens »

Hdiserens wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:44 am
BillRunacre wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 am

I only have this account and contacted support, however they said that they could not help with anything pertaining to beta and to post on the forms. I think the largest problem is I am unable to access the beta forums.
I do not know what happened, but I am now able to access the beta forum. I'm very excited!
MontyBurns

Post by MontyBurns »

Hi!
I have got the same problem as Salamano, Hdiserens and Tanaka. Got accepted into the second wave of beta and can't reach the beta-forum. When I click on the link in the e-mail I've got I am redirected to the beta-forum page but there it says I am not authorized to read this forum although I'm logged in.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

MontyBurns wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:52 pm Hi!
I have got the same problem as Salamano, Hdiserens and Tanaka. Got accepted into the second wave of beta and can't reach the beta-forum. When I click on the link in the e-mail I've got I am redirected to the beta-forum page but there it says I am not authorized to read this forum although I'm logged in.
Yep same thing here. I think for me the problem is this: I had to register for the beta with my matrix account. But I have to login to the matrix forum with my Tanaka username login which is different from my matrix account login. My matrix account login does not log me into the Matrix forum. The forums were also updated recently. There is a disconnect here somewhere. I contacted Matrix support so will see if anything comes of it...
MontyBurns

Post by MontyBurns »

Interesting thing: Now it says that I joined May 25th... this isn't right, I joined two years ago... all the new members of the Beta Usergroup joined on May 25th... :?: All of them must have been members of the forum earlier otherwise they couldn't have joined the beta... :?:
Salamano

Post by Salamano »

Patrat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:57 am Try going to the beta forums (you will have access now). They have a thread there called getting started. It has links to download the beta.
I went back and checked, and I did eventually (passively) get to see the BETA forum section, and then was able to enter it and then see the "Getting Started" thread.

Thanks!

P.S. I followed the instructions it gave, used the key in my email, and was successful in downloading / installing the beta.
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

How's the testing doing?
What's cool so far?

-Legend
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I thought people who beta tested sign an NDA. If so, they won't be able to share...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

ElvisJJonesRambo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:38 pm How's the testing doing?
What's cool so far?

-Legend
This comment is correct:
ernieschwitz wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:23 pm I thought people who beta tested sign an NDA. If so, they won't be able to share...
I can assure you that beta is going very well, and we look forward to sharing more soon :D

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

NDA, Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Must mean there's something of value (good) coming down the pipeline.
Computer games are more secure than the USA Southern border.

-Legend
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
LoneRunner

Post by LoneRunner »

Hey Bill,
I just received an email that provided a link to the BETA chat room for American Civil War. My guess is that I was chosen to participate in the BETA but I didn't see the invite because it went to spam.

Anyway, I'm still interested in participating in the BETA if you wanted to send another invite.

Sorry for the problem,
LoneRunner
redskyburns

Post by redskyburns »

Has there been any concrete fix or explanation to the beta forum problem yet? I too got the acceptance email about a week ago, beta key code and all, but when I click the link it says I am not authorized. Emailed Matrix but got no reply, waited a week to see if it fixed itself but still no luck. And the email referes to my same account name, which I have had for years. So close, yet so far away!
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

@redskyburns @LoneRunner I'll contact someone at Slitherine tomorrow about your access to the beta forum.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
redskyburns

Post by redskyburns »

Thank you kindly Bill!
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Tanaka wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:56 pm
MontyBurns wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:52 pm Hi!
Yep same thing here. I think for me the problem is this: I had to register for the beta with my matrix account. But I have to login to the matrix forum with my Tanaka username login which is different from my matrix account login. My matrix account login does not log me into the Matrix forum. The forums were also updated recently. There is a disconnect here somewhere. I contacted Matrix support so will see if anything comes of it...
Great news I have logged into the beta finally. Unfortunately I never received the serial key email it seems. So will have to get that sorted out as well. Have downloaded the game but need the serial sent again. So progress!
Soulcollector

Post by Soulcollector »

Does anyone know if I can purchase the game on gog? There´s no announcement yet, so I´m asking. I got all my other games on gog.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

As far as I understand it will be available on GoG as well

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”