Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific - Important Update

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

PlakatPortalen

Re: Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific - Important Update

Post by PlakatPortalen »

:shock: Good remark

Benjamin

———————————————————
My websites:

Plakat Portalen: www.plakatportalen.dk

Ny Plakat: www.nyplakat.dk
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

So some flags are a concern.
What's there to debate, they're flags.
Watched the video, looked like Iwo Jima.
Could probably use more terrain graphics, we shall see.
Will I be able to use the old school icons for units?
(Do English/Aussies actually speak English, I only get fractions of all that mate speed talk).
Therefore, you get the "Patton Slap!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Slaps given: 2, Medals awarded: 2
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

ElvisJJonesRambo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:35 am So some flags are a concern.
What's there to debate, they're flags.
Watched the video, looked like Iwo Jima.
Could probably use more terrain graphics, we shall see.
Will I be able to use the old school icons for units?
(Do English/Aussies actually speak English, I only get fractions of all that mate speed talk).
You'll get to use NATO, if that's what you mean by old school icons. ;)

The scenarios Iwo Jima, The Solomons, and the Marianas Campaign are particularly hardcore in MP testing. Iwo is mostly volcanic tuft and lava, but the Marianas for example has everything a Pacific islands adventure can provide: Torrential Raid, Mud, Jungles, Mountains, Jungle Mountains, Cane Fields and seriously dangerous Japanese dug in fixed artillery, among other delights.

I have a long AAR of the Marianas Multiplayer Campaign as the Japanese in the Beta, that's supposed to get posted in the public forum upon release. It's highly entertaining and instructive of just how brutal these island fights were.
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana
SC-War in the Pacific Beta Tester
SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
Jazon

Post by Jazon »

Hi Guys,
I am really looking forward to this game, and I was disappointed by the delay. It is particularly strange for me that Republic of China flag was raised as a problem. I bet it was some overzealous person at steam, who didn't know shit about Chinese history. This flag used in historical context is not a problem in China. Enough to remind the 2020 movie "The eight hundred". In this movie group of Chinese soldiers defend a bank building in Shanghai during Japanese invasion. The climax scene of the movie is when those soldiers, to show that they are not giving up despite the losses, raise the flag of Republic of China ont the rooftoop. (It was shot a bit in a way Americans raising US flag on mount Suribachi). One more time, climax scene of a war movie worth millions of dolars, actually financed by Chinese People's Republic state. This movie was a blockbuster and was seen by hundreds of millions of Chinese. You might check out the movie, it is very well shot, although conservative in the plot. Anyways, when I read the relase delay is due to the flag issue I was full WTF.
This flag is although an issue if it is used in context of independence of Taiwan. This issue is highly sensitive, and I bet that for example, modern strategy game which would portray Taiwan as independent faction, would trigger mainland Chinese as f...k. [I am not judging here, just depicting the reality we live in]. But in context of world war two this flag was never an issue, and even more, in context of fighting against Japanese aggression, this flag is revered and regarded as symobl of resistance. Therefore, I suspect this flag was "flagged" as an issue by somebody in this corpo-world ladder trying to cover his own butt.
Anyways, guys, are there any chances that Unfortunate Son's counters would be avalaible for War in pacific? Once you play with them, it is so hard to go back to vanilla and NATO. I know what I am saying, because even such die-hards like OCB admitted they love those counters!

Cheers Guys
Jazon
MKmark

Post by MKmark »

i will try to get it, who are the AI developers? its known?
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Less than a week to go now until release!
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

Jazon wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:12 am Hi Guys,
I am really looking forward to this game, and I was disappointed by the delay. It is particularly strange for me that Republic of China flag was raised as a problem. I bet it was some overzealous person at steam, who didn't know shit about Chinese history. This flag used in historical context is not a problem in China. Enough to remind the 2020 movie "The eight hundred". In this movie group of Chinese soldiers defend a bank building in Shanghai during Japanese invasion. The climax scene of the movie is when those soldiers, to show that they are not giving up despite the losses, raise the flag of Republic of China ont the rooftoop. (It was shot a bit in a way Americans raising US flag on mount Suribachi). One more time, climax scene of a war movie worth millions of dolars, actually financed by Chinese People's Republic state. This movie was a blockbuster and was seen by hundreds of millions of Chinese. You might check out the movie, it is very well shot, although conservative in the plot. Anyways, when I read the relase delay is due to the flag issue I was full WTF.
This flag is although an issue if it is used in context of independence of Taiwan. This issue is highly sensitive, and I bet that for example, modern strategy game which would portray Taiwan as independent faction, would trigger mainland Chinese as f...k. [I am not judging here, just depicting the reality we live in]. But in context of world war two this flag was never an issue, and even more, in context of fighting against Japanese aggression, this flag is revered and regarded as symobl of resistance. Therefore, I suspect this flag was "flagged" as an issue by somebody in this corpo-world ladder trying to cover his own butt.
Anyways, guys, are there any chances that Unfortunate Son's counters would be avalaible for War in pacific? Once you play with them, it is so hard to go back to vanilla and NATO. I know what I am saying, because even such die-hards like OCB admitted they love those counters!

Cheers Guys
Jazon
Hey Jazon, thanks for the insights from the PRCs p.o.v. concerning the use of the Nationalist flag in a historical context. I also watched 'The 800' and its a pretty good movie.

So yeah, the Steam ban about the flag probably originated by some uninformed Corpo management person (s)
Spineless, aren't they? 😁
Heck my tirade makes me sound like a anti-capitalist communist haha. Maybe I am......

Concerning Unfortunate Son and his counter mod project. Well as you know, the WiE set is done. He is working on finishing the WaW set. All he has left is some of China and Japan.
He did get a RL curve ball recently and had to delay finishing the counters. He is planning to finish them...that I know.

Say hi to Wen and BenBen and the other one.
Cheers
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana
SC-War in the Pacific Beta Tester
SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
Jazon

Post by Jazon »

Hi,
If you see "The eight hundred" you know what I am talking about. That's a pity that Unfortunate Son might delay his work, I enjoy his work and respect the effort he made. Those counters are simply awesome. As for corporate person "x" I bet he or she did not even bother to ask anyone, or talk about it. Anyway, I am looking forward for the game...
Cheers
Jakzon
PS
We are all good with Wen. Cats are also well, but super lazy because of the weather, they sleep 18/24. The other one name is Pipi:)

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”