Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retrieving a PBEM password

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Retrieving a PBEM password Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/27/2005 9:58:55 PM   
Arstavidios

Hi, my Japanese PBEM opponent vanished. I'd like to know if there is a way to retrieve the password sothatan other player may possibly take over the game?
Post #: 1
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/27/2005 10:05:43 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

If there IS such a method many of us I am sure don't want to know about it so whoever responds to this please do so via PM

BTW I feel for you - disappearing PBEM oponents suck, at least he could have given you his password or deposited it to third party somewhere so that you can find replacement opponent and continue.

O.

(in reply to Arstavidios)
Post #: 2
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/27/2005 10:11:37 PM   
Arstavidios

Well I'm not interestedin getting that password for myself, but I'd like to know if a mod or a beta may be able to do that so that the game is not lost

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 3
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/28/2005 1:00:18 AM   
Roger Neilson

There is a way, because Mr Frag (before he disappeared)was able to discover that in a team PBEM both sides had set the same password. Well they hadn't actually, but someone who is not far from this current keyboard had managed to set the other sides password as well as our own!

I suspect there are some people who have ways into the game that the rest of us don't want to know.. the question is whether they have the time and inclination to go doing this for us.

Roger

Post #: 4
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/28/2005 2:19:18 AM   
Feinder

a[enter]
aa[enter]
aaa[enter]
aaaa[enter]
aaaaa[enter]
aaaaaa[enter]
baaaaa[enter]
bbaaaa[enter]
bbbaaa[enter]

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Roger Neilson)
Post #: 5
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/28/2005 5:58:07 AM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson

There is a way, because Mr Frag (before he disappeared)was able to discover that in a team PBEM both sides had set the same password. Well they hadn't actually, but someone who is not far from this current keyboard had managed to set the other sides password as well as our own!

I suspect there are some people who have ways into the game that the rest of us don't want to know.. the question is whether they have the time and inclination to go doing this for us.

Roger

He discovered it the same way I discovered my opponent's - load the other guy's file by mistake and punch in a completely unrelated password.

It happened years ago in UV after the guy dropped out and I wanted to see what my last turn was. Loaded his file by mistake, punched in a password that I had from a different game, and in that 1:1000000 (or whatever it was) chance it was the same. I thought I had time-warped. Had to go get another beer (hey, any excuse works).

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Roger Neilson)
Post #: 6
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/28/2005 6:43:32 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

BTW I feel for you - disappearing PBEM oponents suck, at least he could have given you his password or deposited it to third party somewhere so that you can find replacement opponent and continue.

O.

Agreed,

I use to run into this a lot with CM, get about 50 turns into a 100+ turn game and WHAM never hear from the guy again.

The un-written rule is look at the # of posts your oponent has on the forums, chances are if the potential oponent has over 300 posts on the game forum they will sick it out but anything under 100 be careful

< Message edited by Sarge -- 11/28/2005 6:44:33 AM >

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 7
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/28/2005 11:35:42 AM   
Arstavidios

When time warp does not work I guess there's no other solution that praying the moderating half gods orthe developing gods themselves to show compassion on the demise of us poor mortals

< Message edited by Arstavidios -- 11/28/2005 11:37:22 AM >

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 8
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/28/2005 5:19:01 PM   
Enforcer

I am under 300 and have been playing a game with andy mc.. scen 15 it is sept 43 I believe. :) and japan is winning !!

Actually me and dennisw are the japs (me ijn / dennis ija)

Post #: 9
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/29/2005 1:25:04 AM   
Damien Thorn

Don't delete the save game because one of the modderators might get around to helping you out eventually.

(in reply to Enforcer)
Post #: 10
RE: Retrieving a PBEM password - 11/29/2005 8:50:59 AM   
Arstavidios

Well I've been keeping this save for a couple of months. As I reinstalled WITP on an other computer I actually two copies of the save:)

However, unless I can retrieve the password and find a new opponent, this is just game time flushed down the toilet

(in reply to Damien Thorn)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Retrieving a PBEM password Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI