Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/11/2005 2:25:44 AM   
scout1

Air transported both the 1st and 2nd Parachute Regiments. Took several days. But when completed, the 1st ir regiment has completely left the game. Not at any base, nore in the listing of LCU's. Gonzo ! This has got to be a known bug ?
Post #: 1
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/11/2005 3:13:23 AM   
Sloughtermeyer

This bug has been known for quite some time. I think it's one of those bugs that Matrix so far has deliberately refused to fix because they don't want to expend the effort needed to do so.

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."
Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
1 Jan 1970, Dak To, Vietnam

KIA 24 Mar 1970, Cambodia

< Message edited by VicKevlar -- 10/11/2005 4:20:01 PM >

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/11/2005 8:01:11 AM   
afspret

When the posting came out about changes in 1.604 and proposed changes for 1.7 I did not see anything about this problem, which is very friggin' annoying! I even asked if it was going to be addressed and never got a response. Until something is done, and I'm not holding my breath that anything will, I will only be using my transport aircraft to move supplies and my airborne units will become ground bound, which is a waste.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/11/2005 9:38:03 AM   
michaelm75au

Guys
I have been asking for a save of this about 20 hours ago.
If I don't get one, I can't send to Mike.

Michael

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/11/2005 4:05:29 PM   
tsimmonds

It is a well-known bug that is quite easy to work around. The key is getting the fragment that you have already transported to become the main part of the unit. This is achieved by interrupting the air transport of the unit for one turn, after more than 50% of the load value of the unit has been transported to the new location. Once the transported fragment has turned into the main part of the unit, you can resume air transport without fear of the bug striking.

quote:

I think it's one of those bugs that Matrix so far has deliberately refused to fix because they don't want to expend the effort needed to do so.

Yes, it would be nicer if you didn't have to do this. This bug is well known and thoroughly documented, as is the very simple work-around I have outlined. Matrix has been very good about tracking down bugs and squashing them. If it was a simple fix it would have been done long ago. But I suspect it would take a major rewrite to root out this one.

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/11/2005 5:45:42 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

It is a well-known bug that is quite easy to work around. The key is getting the fragment that you have already transported to become the main part of the unit. This is achieved by interrupting the air transport of the unit for one turn, after more than 50% of the load value of the unit has been transported to the new location. Once the transported fragment has turned into the main part of the unit, you can resume air transport without fear of the bug striking.

If only it were so simple!!

I have units that keep switching back and forth between fragment and parent, for no discernable reason. In the most recent example, i was trying to evac Asiastic fleet from Borneo and there were 300+ support squads in Darwin, and some in Borneo. One turn, the Borneo fragment would be a fragment, and then the next 5 or six turns it would turn into the parent, then turn into the fragment again, then the parent, and then the fragment. I lost a couple of units this way because i thought i was safe to transport them after they turned into fragments and then they disappeared (apparently after they turned back into parent when i wasn't paying strict attention).

This disappearance caused me to implement rather drastic measures in trying to evac or move LCUs, and consequently i've discovered all kinds of irregularities occuring in the process. This also causes it to be a huge time sink!!

One other irregularity i've found that occurs with regularity is that the last few squads to get transported will end up being mortars or mg squads, with negligible load costs, but they will NOT get transported unless there are more units around. I.e. - transport a unit by air from say Manilla to Jesselton (replacements off) - get the ENTIRE unit to Jesselton, but then the MGs (or mortar) squad sit around no matter how many AC are assigned to transfer them. Very frustrating to keep trying to move these guys without results.

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/11/2005 6:06:20 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Guys

Michael

Do you still need one?? If so, do you need the PW (or do you have Frag's "don't need no stinking password" tools?)

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/12/2005 4:22:52 AM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
If only it were so simple!!

I have units that keep switching back and forth between fragment and parent, for no discernable reason.

Yes! I have seen this repeatedly! To the point where I am afraid to use air trans any more.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 8
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/12/2005 7:31:26 AM   
afspret

I agree with rtrapasso, if it were only that simple. I had previously posted a thread about how I lost a LCU (a marine defense force) after I moved the vast majority of it by AKs from one island to another and the remainder by air transport. I didn't do it all in one turn or in consecutive turns either. I had to fly the fragment unit (which was less than 100 support troops) to another island using C-47s and then fly it to the island its parent unit was on using PBYs. I saw the message saying the unit was regrouping and then two turns later the unit was no where to be found.

(in reply to dpstafford)
Post #: 9
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/12/2005 12:28:19 PM   
michaelm75au

Hi

if you have one, send to (michaelm75@hotmail.com)
And I do need the passwords.
I ain't as clever as Mr.Frag.

Michael
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Guys

Michael

Do you still need one?? If so, do you need the PW (or do you have Frag's "don't need no stinking password" tools?)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 10
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/13/2005 12:34:02 PM   
michaelm75au

Have you sent me one yet??
Michael

quote:

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 11
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/13/2005 5:34:15 PM   
rtrapasso

Sorry - i haven't sent it yet (i wasn't sure you still needed one).

Unless you tell me otherwise, will send one this PM (at work now).

Also, do you need a PW (or do you have the Dev's toolkit)???

EDIT:

Sorry - i had missed your prior post (which is why i repeated myself).

Will send one (or two - one is a real doozy) with PWs tonight.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 10/13/2005 5:37:18 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 - 10/13/2005 9:53:00 PM   
rtrapasso

Michaelm:

in sending the game turn, i assume you want the turn with saved after "end turn" button pressed (not before). Let me know if otherwise.

Almost to the end of work day - a couple of hours to go!!

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Air Transport LCU Dissappeared v1.604 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI