H2H Eastern Front opponent wanted

Hook up with worthy adversaries for PBEM and on-line play. Revel in your glorious victories and taunt wimpy losers.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Swamprat

H2H Eastern Front opponent wanted

Post by Swamprat »

Just becoming acquainted with 7.1 H2H (tiring a little of 8.4), and I'm dying to try a PBEM with it.

Still working out how to use Russians, so I'd like to use them. Anyone want to be German, (or Rumanian or Hungarian?)

I like the default settings on H2H, but open to changes. C & C off. June 1941. 10% arty and/or air. Meeting engagement. 5000pts.

Give your email and I'll set one up.

swamprat98@tiscali.co.uk
VikingNo2

RE: H2H Eastern Front opponent wanted

Post by VikingNo2 »

Sure I am game, please set spotting up to 85%

and vis at 22, one other thing I would prefer true troop on/rarity off

Up to you to pick my country

Swamprat

Post by Swamprat »

Ok Viking. Got one set up.

June '41
Spotting 85%
Visibilty 22
Rarity off.
30 turns
slot 3
Russian (me) vs German. Scary. [X(] (Too courteous to give you Hungary or Rumania)

What's your email?
Ironfist738

Post by Ironfist738 »

If you care for another game on the Eastern front I have open slots. Dont under Estimate the Cezch's Romanian's and Hungarian's
SpWaW Game Veteran since 1991
Swamprat

Post by Swamprat »

I don't underestimate the 'other' nations, not in H2H. Have underestimated the Germans though[X(] Played a sample eastern front fight and discovered how rock they are!

Anyway, I've sent a game to Viking but I think he's busy as I haven't heard anything yet.

I'll happily give you a game however. I'll let you decide who you want to be. Send me a game.

Have I seen your name on Battle HQ once? I've lost my current online opponent and wouldn't mind playing an ip game again. It's just that most opponents here are in the US and I haven't worked out the time difference yet. I don't fancy playing at 3am.[:D]

Anyway, I digress. State your preferred parameters if you have any. I'm cool on most things. Hope to hear from you.
Ironfist738

Post by Ironfist738 »

Battle Hq Yeah more than Likely, I use to hang out there all the time. Ok so H2H 85% sighting, true troop cost off, Rarity on, Mines on, limited ammo on, fast arty off, Historic on-or-set to 60-65%. Air units up to you, 30 turns, 20-30 Vis. Air drops ok, Behind the line troops ok, pre-bomb sights ok, prebomb missions ok, C and C off, Large map. Normally I'll play a 3 games series, Once as I pick once as the other side then once as anything else. So it looks like Germany June 1941 vs Russia. I will cross buy some 2ndary countrys Infantry to make it interesting. 10-15% arty buy total. reinforcements ok... Sound Good ??? What slot would you like it in ?
Swamprat

Post by Swamprat »

You're my first H2H opponent, so all slots are clear. It all sounds good to me, fire away.
Ironfist738

Post by Ironfist738 »

Roger that I will set one up today, should be there by midday my time....
VikingNo2

Post by VikingNo2 »

Swamprat sorry for the delay, could you make the time periord a little earlier or later. I have been getting caught up on all my lagging game and I got around to ours, interesting map
Swamprat

Post by Swamprat »

Ok, no probs. I've got one in 41 going with ironfist anyway. How do you fancy a what-if 1946 battle? Using the same map. Germany vs Russians or even US vs Russians? With perhaps a couple of aircraft? Let me know what you think and what side you want and I'll send you a game with the same map.

Regards,
Rob.
Gun Nut

Post by Gun Nut »

Swamprat if you're looking for another game I would be happy to use Finland against your might Russians!
Quantity is Quality!-Joseph Stalin
Swamprat

Post by Swamprat »

[:D] I'm finding that there's nothing much mighty about the Russians, especially early war: Their skill levels are nearly dragging on the floor.

Still, it's all good practice. I'll fight Finnish elan with my peasant masses, providing True Troop cost is On. I'm fine with most of the other preferences stated in the thread. Send me a game.
All slots open except 10.

Regards,
Rob.
Gun Nut

Post by Gun Nut »

I made it 39 for historical purposes ^_^. All the other options are along the lines of what you stated 5000 pnts etc, it is sent!
Quantity is Quality!-Joseph Stalin
Swamprat

Post by Swamprat »

I had a sinking feeling that it would be '39.[:(]

Fair enough, it is historical after all, and the Russians didn't lose that badly in the winter of 39-40 did they?

did they?

[X(][X(][X(]

[:D][8|]

Right, vodka rations have been handed out and the hospital beds prepared. Commence!

Return to “SP:WaW Opponents Wanted”